By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looks like next xbox is gonna be a good deal less powerful then PS4

http://oxcgn.com/2013/01/20/ps4-and-xbox-720-unveiled-dev-spills-the-beans-on-reddit/  PS4 the console for gamers nextgen, best versions of multiplatform games, best exclusives. very disappointed in microsoft, its looking like a ps2 to xbox difference.

QOUTE

This would allow Microsoft to have Kinect 2.0, and the PS4 to truly be a workhorse. It should also be pointed out that Sony is investing a lot in the system’s GPU compared to that of Microsoft.

In descending order, the most powerful system would be the PS4 with the Xbox 720 in the middle and the Wii U at the bottom.

Also, while the final price point itself is unknown, it appears both consoles should launch for about the same price to make them more competitive (and to prevent more $599USD debacles).

Around the Network

If true, the likely analogy would be: Orbis:Xbox, Durango:PS2, Wii U:Dreamcast

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Makes sense. Built in Kinect was always going to mean less power seeing as neither would want to be significantly more expensive than the other

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

just no dude...really don't go off of one rumor and start threads like this. There are many rumors that say the opposite too.

imho I doubt either would be more powerful by a significant margin over the other anyway.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Mr Khan said:

wii u is N64, from what i read, we don't even know if its more powerful then 360/ps3.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
Mr Khan said:

wii u is N64, from what i read, we don't even know if its more powerful then 360/ps3.

Nintendo and PC gamer

M.U.G.E.N said:
just no dude...really don't go off of one rumor and start threads like this. There are many rumors that say the opposite too.

imho I doubt either would be more powerful by a significant margin over the other anyway.

its looking like reality  though, eurogamer is not calling it a rumor by the way, they say they are pretty sure about there source.

Neil Thompson from Bioware shit all over this article earlier today. People need to stop taking every rumor and acting like it is true. BTW you can just tell a Sony fan boy wrote this when you are dropping things like Sony will be the console for gamers.

osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
Mr Khan said:

lets be realistic, i have 3-4 quotes from  saying wii u is on par with current gen from developers, while xbox 720 looks to be 6-7x and and ps4 9-10x.

ninjablade said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

its looking like reality  though, eurogamer is not calling it a rumor by the way, they say they are pretty sure about there source.

nah man they are several conflicting rumors about this floating around. The BEST you can trust on is imho a guy with the tag mr accurate over at gaf. Nsanity posted his quote yesterday too. We are basically going to get two consoles similar in overall ppower but strengths in different areas :) I doubt either MS or Sony fans would be disappointed at the end of the day

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!