By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UPDATE: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Meet Revengeance's Bosses And Their Fancy Weapons

What's the plot of this game?

Around the Network
pezus said:
You guyz are just mad that it's multiplatform, yo!

lol lol lol even you @pezus

That's not the problem... I can't finish the demo and even the cutting feature is not part of the demo (I didn't use it any time except the tutorial)... it is a average hack and slash game... the AI is bad, the physics is bad, the character is bad, the camera is bad, the enemies is bad, the story (at least the demo one) is bad... nothing interesting.

I just give some time to this game because the name have MGS... if it have any other name nobody would be talking about it.

I'm more interested in GoW: Ascension because the MP is so much fun.

PS. I finally bought MGS4... the issue for me was I never finished MGS2 and MGS3.. so I can't play the 4 but I bought the MGS Collection in August 2012 and finished all games (except the Paece Walker because I will play it afer MGS4)... so my epic adventure with MGS4 begin tomorrow.

This would be HUGE if it was PS3 exclusive.

ethomaz said:
pezus said:
You guyz are just mad that it's multiplatform, yo!

lol lol lol even you @pezus

That's not the problem... I can't finish the demo and even the cutting feature is not part of the demo (I didn't use it any time except the tutorial)... it is a average hack and slash game... the AI is bad, the physics is bad, the character is bad, the camera is bad, the enemies is bad, the story (at least the demo one) is bad... nothing interesting.

I just give some time to this game because the name have MGS... if it have any other name nobody would be talking about it.

I'm more interested in GoW: Ascension because the MP is so much fun.

PS. I finally bought MGS4... the issue for me was I never finished MGS2 and MGS3.. so I can't play the 4 but I bought the MGS Collection in August 2012 and finished all games (except the Paece Walker because I will play it afer MGS4)... so my epic adventure with MGS4 begin tomorrow.

MGS4 is the best ps3 game I've played. Have fun.

I won't be getting it day one anymore a hack and slash game without a dodge button just doesn't feel right anymore especially when enemy's spam rockets at you

Around the Network
Horrorfest said:
This would be HUGE if it was PS3 exclusive.

maybe because vgc does seem to be a bit heavy on certain platforms, but I still wouldn't think it's great (atleast demo), because I thought MGS4 is the worst MGS (and is the only one that is actually Playstation exclusive), I'm not trying to start a fight or anything just stating, that it's not because it's multiplat.

I'll list the good and the bad that I gathered from the 360 demo

Good:
60 fps frame rate (shweet!)
Cutting mechanics are cool
Combat seems action packed
Dialogue and acting seems believable

Bad
Graphics are a little dated. Too plain looking - where is the flair, the craziness, the style.
No trace of humor both Platinum and Kojima is known for
Raiden is annoying as ever
Traditional MGS mechanics + hack and slash don't mix. I don't want to sneak around when I am hacking shit to pieces and vice versa.

Overall it's a pass for me.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Konami Releases Three New Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Trailers

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is getting close, and Konami is rolling out all kinds of trailers to get everyone ready. The first trailer shows off a few of the game's locations and the second shows off the Zandatsu technique, where Raiden basically steals and destroys enemy spines. The third video details many of the enhancements of Raiden's impressive suit.

You can check out all three of the new trailers below.

Locations

Zandatsu

Suit Overview

Email the author Kyle Hilliard, or follow on Twitter, Google+, Facebook, and Game Informer.

Kojima Wanted Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance To Star A Different Ninja

In a recent interview, Hideo Kojima said that his first protagonist choice for a hack and slash action game starring a ninja from the Metal Gear gear universe was actually Gray Fox.

In an interview with IGN Middle East Kojima was asked why Raiden was the star of the game, to which he said, "In my personal opinion, I wanted to go for Frank Jaegar or Gray Fox. But if we had gone with that, I would have had to write the script and then be really committed to creating the game. I want to pass game development to the younger generation in my team, and have been trying to do so for quite some time."

Going with Raiden was a product of wanting to be more hands off with this particular game. The members of his studio were also insistent on using Raiden, and Kojima said that he respected their decision.

In the interview, Kojima was also cornered about the trailer for Phantom Pain, to which Kojima said, "It was very visually appealing. The lighting was very good." You gotta' love Hideo Kojima.

You can head here to read the full interview.