By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do you think some people are homosexuals/bisexuals?

Why are people gay?

Choice/Preference 21 15.79%

High Sex Drives. 4 3.01%

DNA Replication Errors 6 4.51%

Defects during Pregnancy 10 7.52%

Social/Psychological envi... 17 12.78%

Hormone Imbalance 15 11.28%

Genetics - There is a Gay Gene 19 14.29%

Normal Disorder like Albinism 3 2.26%

Normal, Non Harmful Random Mutation 12 9.02%

I don't know 26 19.55%

Total:133
kain_kusanagi said:
I consider sexual orientation no different than any sexual preference/attraction. Some people have foot fetishes, some like red-heads, others like certain races or accents. My point is that somewhere when we are developing we pick up on things and our minds build up a model of what we find attractive. Genes may have something to do with it, but I don't think there is a "gay" gene. If there was I don't see any way to look at it as anything other than a defective gene. We have a lot of genes to push us to have sex purely for procreation. All the things that attracts us to each other is based on procreation. Boy parts fit into girl parts, that's what we are naturally built for. If there was a gay gene it would be doing the opposite of what our sexual organs are for. If homosexuality was found to be caused by a gay gene should humanity correct it like other defective genes? I don't know, but like I said I think digging red-heads is no different than digging on your same sex. Who knows my some guys like red-heads and others like blondes and some like brunettes? I don't think a gene controls that so I don't think evolution would mutate a gene to do the opposite of procreation when the only thing genes want to do is keep us alive long enough to pass on our genes as much as possible.

Gay gene would have been a good option, dammit.

So you think people choose to be gay as they grow up? You beleive homosexuality is a choice, or a preference that we grew up apreciating more? Do you beleive that some guys just love red heads, while others just love crossing swords?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Roma said:
some are born like that and some are effected by the environment the live in somehow when they are young

So you think people can become gay because of the type of parenting they received? What environment specifically do you think would make a person gay? Would it be an individual tramatic event, or is repeated exposure to some sort of harmful behaviour?

well it could be how they where treated when young or maybe saw something of the opposite sex and that might have left a horrific impression. there are some bad grown ups that make kids do bad things without them realizing it is a bad thing at that age for example.

I don't think it's ether born or effected by the environment. In my opinion both are valid reasons to why people turn out gay.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Michael-5 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I consider sexual orientation no different than any sexual preference/attraction. Some people have foot fetishes, some like red-heads, others like certain races or accents. My point is that somewhere when we are developing we pick up on things and our minds build up a model of what we find attractive. Genes may have something to do with it, but I don't think there is a "gay" gene. If there was I don't see any way to look at it as anything other than a defective gene. We have a lot of genes to push us to have sex purely for procreation. All the things that attracts us to each other is based on procreation. Boy parts fit into girl parts, that's what we are naturally built for. If there was a gay gene it would be doing the opposite of what our sexual organs are for. If homosexuality was found to be caused by a gay gene should humanity correct it like other defective genes? I don't know, but like I said I think digging red-heads is no different than digging on your same sex. Who knows my some guys like red-heads and others like blondes and some like brunettes? I don't think a gene controls that so I don't think evolution would mutate a gene to do the opposite of procreation when the only thing genes want to do is keep us alive long enough to pass on our genes as much as possible.

So you think people choose to be gay as they grow up? You beleive homosexuality is a choice, or a preference that we grew up apreciating more? Do you beleive that some guys just love red heads, while others just love crossing swords?

You completely missunderstood me. I never once used the word choice. I don't think liking red-heads is a choice nor do I think being gay is a choice. I said I things that during the time when we are developing our mind's model on what is beautiful and what we find attractive outside influences have an affect. Sometimes that affect is digging red-heads and sometimes that affect is liking the same sex. I don't presume to understand how a child's mind develops and I'm not willing to say genes have no role at all. I just think that there is no such thing as a "gay" gene that turns 5% of the population gay. Such a gene would serve no evolutionary purpose and would have culled itself from the gene pool thousands of years ago.

Roma said:
Michael-5 said:
Roma said:
some are born like that and some are effected by the environment the live in somehow when they are young

So you think people can become gay because of the type of parenting they received? What environment specifically do you think would make a person gay? Would it be an individual tramatic event, or is repeated exposure to some sort of harmful behaviour?

well it could be how they where treated when young or maybe saw something of the opposite sex and that might have left a horrific impression. there are some bad grown ups that make kids do bad things without them realizing it is a bad thing at that age for example.

I don't think it's ether born or effected by the environment. In my opinion both are valid reasons to why people turn out gay.

So like in my example of a mother/wife who cheats and broke apart the family? Or a father who beats his wife. Or maybe the father is gay and the child walked into him having gay sex and then grows up wanting to be like that?

You think it's a combination.....damn, well I'm not editing my poll again.

I RE-PUBLISHED THE POLL TO INCLUDE GAY GENE. Would the 4 people who voted please vote again? Sorry I wanted to include as many options as I could before more people came.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

kain_kusanagi said:
Michael-5 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

You completely missunderstood me. I never once used the word choice. I don't think liking red-heads is a choice nor do I think being gay is a choice. I said I things that during the time when we are developing our mind's model on what is beautiful and what we find attractive outside influences have an affect. Sometimes that affect is digging red-heads and sometimes that affect is liking the same sex. I don't presume to understand how a child's mind develops and I'm not willing to say genes have no role at all. I just think that there is no such thing as a "gay" gene that turns 5% of the population gay. Such a gene would serve no evolutionary purpose and would have culled itself from the gene pool thousands of years ago.

Oh I see.....shit I don't have a good option for that! I merged choice and preference.... should I re-publish the poll?

I know what you mean, I for example am attracted to smart, sweet and skinny women. If a women is at all bitchy, dumb, fat, or a comination of the 3, I just don't find her attractive. Also my view on what is overweight is more extreme them most. If your BMW is over 25, you're overweight (unless you are extremely muscular) in my opinion, and I think in todays society people are not as fit as they should be, so women who are even in the normal healthy BMI range I sometimes consider overweight.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Michael-5 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Oh I see.....shit I don't have a good option for that! I merged choice and preference.... should I re-publish the poll?

I know what you mean, I for example am attracted to smart, sweet and skinny women. If a women is at all bitchy, dumb, fat, or a comination of the 3, I just don't find her attractive. Also my view on what is overweight is more extreme them most. If your BMW is over 25, you're overweight (unless you are extremely muscular) in my opinion, and I think in todays society people are not as fit as they should be, so women who are even in the normal healthy BMI range I sometimes consider overweight.

See, that's what I'm talking about. Some guys are into big girls, even going so far as to fatten them up. I have no idea when or how people develop this inner model of beauty but I think sexual preference develops in a similar fashion. Since genes push us to procreate I do think that our sexual drive is determined by genes, but I don't see how a gen could flip a "gay" switch on any more than it could flip the "big girls" switch.

Michael-5 said:
Roma said:
Michael-5 said:
Roma said:

So like in my example of a mother/wife who cheats and broke apart the family? Or a father who beats his wife. Or maybe the father is gay and the child walked into him having gay sex and then grows up wanting to be like that?

You think it's a combination.....damn, well I'm not editing my poll again.

I RE-PUBLISHED THE POLL TO INCLUDE GAY GENE. Would the 4 people who voted please vote again? Sorry I wanted to include as many options as I could before more people came.

well yeah I don't think people can only be born gay or effected by the environment and become gay. one person might turn out gay because of what happened in a very young age or they are just born gay

honestly I don't know how a kid would react to a dad banging another dude o_0 maybe that will make him gay or just straight with a homophobia?

everything does effect how a child ends up
you should have added a "other"

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Think it might be a chromosome thing

Arrogance. They think, "Oh, I'm so sexy that even men want to have sex with me" or "I'm so hot that I can have men AND women".

Gay guys: Too good to enjoy a little pussy like the rest of us, eh?
Gay chicks: Too good for my penis, eh?
Bi-chicks: Think you're better at getting pussy than I am, eh?
Bi-guys: Just greedy, eh?

I think I've covered just about everyone.

Well it can't be genetic in the people who are gay because gay people tend not to breed. My guess is either an environmental factor -> stress, chemicals etc or gender negative adaption I.E. something which helps the mother say produce more children may cause her to produce more gay children.

Tease.