By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Report- PS4 will be more powerful than Durango (Nextbox, 720)

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/17/showtime-ps4-rumoured-at-1-84tf-xbox-720-at-1-23tf/

Excerpts: 

Here we go. VG247 has been told that PlayStation 4 has a 50% raw power advantage over Xbox 720, based on information out of CES.

If latest rumours regarding next generation hardware are to be believed, the next PlayStation is to be significantly more powerful that the next Xbox.

While PS4 will have greater grunt that 720, however, the Microsoft machine has significantly more RAM at 8Gb, we’ve been told. Our source said that 3Gb is reserved for the OS, apps and security, leaving 4-5Gb for games.

Orbis will have 4Gb of RAM, said our source, of which 1Gb will be reserved for for OS, security and apps, leaving some 3Gb for games.

Both machines will supposedly have have the ability to read 100Gb Blu-ray discs.

XBL Gamertag: ckmlb, PSN ID: ckmlb

Around the Network

I thought we all knew this? Sony seems to be the one wanting to improve on graphics the most, Microsoft is all about the OS. They seem to want a Multi-Tasking system.

Does it matter which one is more powerful, they will both be very powerful anyway
Also, 3gb of RAM for the Xbox's OS is hell of a lot. i wonder what that could be for?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

NintendoPie said:
I thought we all knew this? Sony seems to be the one wanting to improve on graphics the most, Microsoft is all about the OS. They seem to want a Multi-Tasking system.

No one knows anything yet, these are all supposed 'leaks' and pretty much rumors at this point, another report today said 720 will be more powerful.

Ok the rumors are starting to get annoying, we already had like 5 threads between yesterday and today =/ 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
Ckmlb1 said:
NintendoPie said:

No one knows anything yet, these are all supposed 'leaks' and pretty much rumors at this point, another report today said 720 will be more powerful.

I'm counting on Sony's Console to, again, be more powerful. Microsoft (like I said) seems to want their Console to be a more Multi-Media experience.

What info from CES... did both Sony and MS talked about their next gen offering?

Jazz2K said:
What info from CES... did both Sony and MS talked about their next gen offering?

No this site says they talked to people whoever they are (unnamed).

Okay so there was just another article here earlier today that said 720 was more powerful than PS4 due to ray-tracing capabilities... this is getting ridiculous.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Jazz2K said:

Behind closed-doors, with countless NDA's.  Everything true that leaks is anonymous otherwise the person could find themselves fired and sued for breaking written agreements to remain silent.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.