By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 720 Will Be More Powerful Than PS4 - Report

Microsoft paying to spread data again....also 4K? I fail to see how 4K support can even remotely help Sony TV's

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

Smart move from sony

Pics or GTFO.

CGI-Quality said:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/17/showtime-ps4-rumoured-at-1-84tf-xbox-720-at-1-23tf

I don't care which one is more powerful (actually, would prefer a more powerful 720, since I got so used to it on the original Xbox), but two different articles, published on the same day, saying completely different things makes my excitement for the gen jump through the rooof!

PS4 will have more raw power, but 720 will have more refined power :)

PS4 = Crude Oil

720 = Gasoline

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

The insider was asked about whether this three SOC system will cause issues for developers, questioning whether it could prove as difficult as the PS3's Cell chip to develop for.

On paper both systems are capable of 3.2TFlops of data, however the Oban blitter inside the Xbox 720 increases the speed at which data is transferred, meaning the Xbox Next is actually capable of 4.2TFlops.

I stopped here because you can't do that.

If you have a theoretical 3.2 TFLOPS for SP you can increases that... you can reach the most close possible to theoretical 3.2 TFLOPS because it's impossible to use all the 3.2 TFLOPS at the same time... you need to optimize your system to get close to 3.2 TFLOPS.

This article is full of bullshit.

Around the Network

I ain't believing this article, but I do know that MS has a far bigger budget then Sony has and its gonna show.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Wishful thinking by this so called insider.

pezus said:

PS4 Vs Xbox 720: Image Quality

Though Sony is targeting 4K resolution capabilities, it seems the PS4 won't actually be able to generate the resolution native and will instead upscale.

"The thing about Omni," says the insider, "is it will upscale to 4K but the IQ [Image Quality] is very low in regards to Durango."

He adds that a higher resolution doesn't equate to a better image quality. He does claim that third-party games will be able to scale easily across the Wii U, Xbox 720 and Omni, however adds that "first party games and some third party will look amazing on Durango no doubt.

"You will see a big difference."

Later on the insider is quizzed on the ability to port games from the PC to each of the consoles, to which he replies that the Xbox 720 is no different "to developing for 360. The tools are highly-developed to handle the system."

He then adds, "And the first time you see xbox IQ you will know... The winner."

[Source]

That's some good news.

somebody fix

http://beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1694412&postcount=18613

CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:
CGI-Quality said:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/17/showtime-ps4-rumoured-at-1-84tf-xbox-720-at-1-23tf

I don't care which one is more powerful (actually, would prefer a more powerful 720, since I got so used to it on the original Xbox), but two different articles, published on the same day, saying completely different things makes my excitement for the gen jump through the rooof!

PS4 will have more raw power, but 720 will have more refined power :)

Eh, point is, I wouldn't take any of this stuff literally. I expect the 720 to be more powerful overall (just a hunch I've had since '09), but I don't know if these particular specs are to be believed (outside of the 8GB of RAM, which is two more than I thought we'd see).

Nah im just joking. My edit shows this further. But ya, I am not taking this article as truth.