By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Brawl - Possible Downloadable Contet

We all know you can download custom stages in Brawl, but would you like to see more? Of course, downloadable content would not be allowed in online matches (not including a server list). Nevertheless, who wouldn't want a pack of new items (like 2 or 3) every month for 100 Wii points?

Or, howabout the ability to download alternative costumes? For example, sonic could have a shadow or silver download.

Would you care for the producers of Brawl to release a downloadable game mode which allowed a list of servers to be displayed? This list could have private or public matches as well as tournaments displayed alongside their rules and map selection.

Lastly, do you think Nintendo should/will enable Brawl players to play mp3s or AACs off their SD card during gameplay and as background music for custom stages?

Around the Network

Where would you store this content?  Nintendo should remedy that dilemma first.

I believe the Dojo released information about where snapshots for Smash Bros would go... to the SD card.

2 gigs is quite a lot of room for one game's extra content. It's half a friggin DVD.

I actually commend Nintendo for not going the hard drive route. It's a waste for gamers who could care less about downloable content such as myself (like demo's or other useless media content).  

zerosaurus said:

I believe the Dojo released information about where snapshots for Smash Bros would go... to the SD card.

2 gigs is quite a lot of room for one game's extra content. It's half a friggin DVD.

I actually commend Nintendo for not going the hard drive route. It's a waste for gamers who could care less about downloable content such as myself (like demo's or other useless media content).

It also encourages sloppiness as some developers (not naming names) tend to release buggy games too early and then release patches to fix them.

Still...if there was a hard drive standard in the Wii, we could get free crap from Nintendo like some costume changes or a cool stage. Without a hard drive or SD card included with every Wii, they can't take that step.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Please, no. Nintendo is the only company that hasn't jumped on that terrible "microstransaction" bandwagon, and I'd like to see them stay that way.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Sounds fun!

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

zerosaurus said:

Well you can always not purchase a harddrive if you don't need one. Releasing one of letting us use our own wouldn't cause you any hard. You really think downloadable games like Wiiware and VC games are useless? Trailers and demos are cool too.

Being able to purchase Brawl items woul be cool.

Especially since I can't buy anything for less than 500 points. Whenver I have like 200 it's annoying not being able to buy anything.

So why did they call it the 360?because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away- some guy on Gamespot
BenKenobi88 said:
Still...if there was a hard drive standard in the Wii, we could get free crap from Nintendo like some costume changes or a cool stage. Without a hard drive or SD card included with every Wii, they can't take that step.

I think Nintendo's focus is on making money... releasing free crap is not on the top of their agenda, and I would question the quality of such freebies. And they can take those steps, should a consumer want such pointless add-ons, they just need to invest in a $20 SD card... why should the price of a standard hard drive be pushed out to all consumers even to those who won't use it.