By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I just Realized

@avinash

ps1-105M
ps2-116M
psp-31M
ps3-10M
=

The ps family is above 260Million. And growing wii is not outselling ps2+psp+ps3, the psp and ps2 are selling better than the wii.

mM
Around the Network
Gobias said:
ssj12 said:
Gobias said:
In before "Supply constraint!"

actualy it is, they are still filling rain-checks from Christmas.

I have no doubts that it is, I just expect most Wii fans (mostly Avinash_Tyagi) to tout its supply constraint, rather than congratulate the PS2, or say something constructive.

I stick to the facts, heck I could beat lance armstrong in bike racing if both of his legs were boken in a dozen places and he was confined to a bed, doesn't mean I should get any praise for it

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Words Of Wisdom said:
MikeB said:

The console performed really well in Europe and North America considering market saturation.

One could liken this to the statement "though she did drown, she swam pretty well considering the strong undertoe."

Except for the it didn't drown, the console manages to stay very close to worldwide 360 and PS3 sales. Just a few percentage of difference.

IMO the PS2 has legs, actually like no other console to date.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

leo-j said:
@avinash

The ps family is above 260Million. And growing wii is not outselling ps2+psp+ps3, the psp and ps2 are selling better than the wii.

How about Nintendo "family" versus Playstation?

leo-j said:
@avinash

ps1-105M
ps2-116M
psp-31M
ps3-10M
=

Did you read my prediction?  Does it not say consoles?  PSP is a handheld, not a home console

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
MikeB said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
MikeB said:

The console performed really well in Europe and North America considering market saturation.

One could liken this to the statement "though she did drown, she swam pretty well considering the strong undertoe."

Except for the it didn't drown, the console manages to stay very close to worldwide 360 and PS3 sales. Just a few percentage of difference.

Backwards compatability likely plays a role in that I think.

Words Of Wisdom said:
MikeB said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
MikeB said:

Backwards compatability likely plays a role in that I think.

I think it's mostly a combination of entry price and game library (many cheap games).

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Nes
Snes
GB
GBA
DS
N64
GC
wii

vs
ps1
ps2
ps3
psp

4 systems vs 8 systems, not a fair comparison in sales.

mM
leo-j said:
Nes
Snes
GB
GBA
DS
N64
GC
wii

vs
ps1
ps2
ps3
psp

4 systems vs 8 systems, not a fair comparison in sales.

I never said it was.

ssj12 said:
Gobias said:
In before "Supply constraint!"

actualy it is, they are still filling rain-checks from Christmas.

This was probably already said before, but are the Gamestop rain checks filled this month being counted toward sales this month? If so, sales have been most disappointing.