By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Frontlines PS3 Cancelled

This game is really not important considering, if it was a major and well establish franchise I would understand. But this game is really that important.

Around the Network

I'm more interested in those 2010 games - given the timeframe, they *must* have been PS3 titles?

My (old) work was working on a Stuntman THQ title - and it was cancelled a couple of months back, so I have known about this for a while.

From what I hear, THQ is going to focus more on low cost, casual titles - yes, that means the Wii & DS.

And where as some of their titles from last year were lead PS2, port to Wii - its now the other way around. This means that some PS2 titles will be getting canned (too hard to port from Wii, etc..).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Well I think its safe to say that its a limited minority here thats upset about this, cancellation of Frontlines, especially since from what people said about the demo, its really not worth the wait or money.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

AFAIK there was as good as no anticipation for this title, never heard anyone talk about this game before. I think that may have something to do with it, everyone is talking about other games. I think it would have bombed.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Front What? Not a game I was looking to buy for my systems anyway.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Around the Network

If the Xbox 360 version of the game was the one canned, I'm pretty sure all of you will show a different face.

This game itself was nothing major, and I don't think this affects Sony/PS3 whatsoever. It's much more telling as a sign that THQ as a company is in serious disarray at the moment. They had a very bad year in 2007, with very little other than their wrestling games selling at all.

I have no idea why ssj12 and Griffin seem to think THQ's struggles are a good thing for the industry. How does fewer publishers making fewer games help anything?

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Bodhesatva said:
ssj12 said:
ManusJustusNardus said:
ssj12 said:
they also closed a dev studio and canned 2 unannounced games. THQ is hurting. Good.
What an ignorant statement, but I guess thats expected from somebody who backs Ron Paul and his crazy monetary policies. THQ lays off hundreds of workers during rough economic times and the only thing you can come up with is that this is 'good'. Sad.

I hate THQ. I have since they screwed up the WWE/WWF games on the PS2. The make poor quality games now-a-days. The games that sell are obviously sellng due to brand names or previous trust of the franchises.

Honestly if EA bought THQ out right now, their games would actually get better.

As for the employees, they will get hired quickly. The game industry will florish as the economy suffers.

On another note - I support McCain too. =]

Whoa whoa -- SSJ, totally agree that the guy you're quoting is crazy and rude.

But THQ makes a lot of great games, at least for my tastes. Recent games I've enjoyed:

Supreme Commander
Company of Heroes
Warhammer 40k

Games that have recieved positive attention but do not fit my personal interest:

Worms
Drawn to Life

They haven't made a good PS/Xbox game in a long time, I agree with that, but for my personal arenas -- PC and Wii -- they've done quite a bit of good. Company of Heroes is one of the best games released in the last 3 years.  

Every publisher has a good studio or two, THQ just has more bad studios then even EA.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Griffin said:
This is another good move, the PS3 is weeding out the retarded game makers. With KZ2, RFoM2, Haze, and BF bad company all coming out this year, god willing, then it does not matter if shitty games get canned.

...but isn't that what the PS1/PS2 had, all those "shitty games" (in addition to the really good ones) The junk games always get released on the most popular/cheapest to develop for system, because those games can still make a profit on them. The cancellation of games is not a good sign, if you want your system to flourish...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
Griffin said:
This is another good move, the PS3 is weeding out the retarded game makers. With KZ2, RFoM2, Haze, and BF bad company all coming out this year, god willing, then it does not matter if shitty games get canned.

...but isn't that what the PS1/PS2 had, all those "shitty games" (in addition to the really good ones) The junk games always get released on the most popular/cheapest to develop for system, because those games can still make a profit on them. The cancellation of games is not a good sign, if you want your system to flourish...

I don't really care how good a system does, aslong as its not so low that there is not going to be another one. I don't think anyone cared for all the games on the PS1/PS2, aslong as the core games come and a couple games to keep me entertained during the slow period then i'm fine. The first 13 months of the PS3's life saw many great games and none of the top games, but lots of good ones. 2008 is already going to be a great year, without shitty games taking peoples money.