By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Results: Top 5 Wii games of the Generations

Results are in and this is what you voted for as the top 5 Wii games of the generation. We are still not finished yet.  A few more contests on the way so remember to voe if you see them up.

1. Zelda: Skyward Sword - 112 points

2. Super Mario Galaxy - 109 points

3. Xenoblade - 104 points

4. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 101 points

5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 99 points

Winners

Top 5 X360 http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152860&page=0#1

Top 5: PS3 http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152825&page=0#1

Around the Network

I voted for one of those games (Brawl). Still haven't played any Galaxy games yet. If I have a weekend off work anytime soon then I'll start the first one.   MK:Wii deserves to be on the list considering it did online play way better than lag/slowdown fest Brawl.  The lag in Brawl made it unplayable for online multiplayer for me.  If Smash can't match the single/local multiplayer speed for online then it ruins it.  The two most important genres that lag matters the most would be FPS and fighting games.

I can agree with this list, even though I think the Metroid Prime Trilogy needs to be on it.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

spurgeonryan said:
I disagree. Half the site has been on record in the past saying they dislike skyward sword. Now it is all of a sudden number one?

having not seen the voting thread i'll speculate that galaxy's vote got split otherwise it would have won.

Kororinpa was ROBBED

Around the Network

Four of my top Wii games are in and the first is my First : The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword - is what we called what we call and we will call THE MISUNDERSTOOD MASTERPIECE EVER CREATED.

kitler53 said:
spurgeonryan said:
I disagree. Half the site has been on record in the past saying they dislike skyward sword. Now it is all of a sudden number one?

having not seen the voting thread i'll speculate that galaxy's vote got split otherwise it would have won.

The votes was not varried at all.  Everybody was voting for the same games the majority of the time but Galaxy 1&2 was often on seperate lists just like Twilight and skyward sword was on seperate lists.

Lol what a disaster...If Ocarina of Time never existed Skyward Sword would have a 10 point lower metascore, wouldn't have won or been nominated for any awards or be voted as best of anything... Get over it people, most of you even agree with a lot of the big flaws this game has. But hey, it's Zelda, it's gotta be No. 1!!!!

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
Lol what a disaster...If Ocarina of Time never existed Skyward Sword would have a 10 point lower metascore, wouldn't have won or been nominated for any awards or be voted as best of anything... Get over it people, most of you even agree with a lot of the big flaws this game has. But hey, it's Zelda, it's gotta be No. 1!!!!

Would you say Twilight is better?

JayWood2010 said:
ghettoglamour said:

Would you say Twilight is better?

No, I'm not really a Nintendo fan, I bought the Wii 2 years ago and Skyward Sword is the only Zelda I've ever played. I've played it without any bias or nostalgy towards it and I completed and liked it. Imo, some things are brilliant, like the puzzles, the level-design, heck even the fighting was great...but it has so many stupid flaws and aged mechanics in its inteface, story telling, tutorials, exploration, side quests, etc...It was like a rollercoaster ride where the highs were very high and the lows also very lows. Sumed up it was a good game which could have been excellent if some minor things which became almost deal-breakers wouldn't have been so incredibly annoying.

(just my opinion, of course)

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey