By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U price cut vs More Wii U games

The Wii U needs more games before even a price cut will help.

Around the Network

It needs a graphically impressive game and something with a simple theme that takes advantage of the Gamepad, remote, or both. Making the deluxe pack the price of basic and eliminating basic would also be good. Doing both - great. All can wait till Christmas though.

It needs compelling software that is unique to it. Otherwise why buy it at any price?

Although I want to see Original games on new systems and a couple AAA sequels I know this won't happen easily. I actually want to see great new innovative games before I purchase a WiiU since I don't like Mario that much. Pikmin 3 looks promising and the fact that Monster Hunter 4 has been delayed doesn't help either. So without a lot of new games I suggest I pricecut in the near future.

The last new IP I played which gave me a wow experience was Gravity Rush. Journey has also delivered me a really good experience but that was a PSN game. Perhaps they should create a really good looking 1080p Pokemon RPG for WiiU. It would be an instant buy for me then.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

I Think when the big titles like Monster Hunter 4 hit, they should temporarily drop the price for bundles with the new releases. Monster hunter is always a huge system seller, and the added bonus of it being a little bit cheaper will do wonders for the install base

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network

I would prefer a pricecut. Nintendo is making a loss for every console sold and with a pricecut they would bleed even more money. That would force them to make games to get some money back.

They are going to need both. Large price drop and much bigger games. Pikmin 3 and Wii Fit aren't saving this trainwreck, its headed to Vita town already.

The Wii U needs something to define it. Like Wii Sports did for the Wii U. (But, yeah. It needs more gaemz.)

The short term problem: Mario Bros U is the only WiiU game that could be defined as a killer app right now, still no one is willing to buy a 2D mario game for 400$ and, at the same time, no one wants to get the gimped basic bundle.
Possible solution: they could discontinue the the basic bundle, and release another pro MarioBrosU bundle. In other words they should offer 2 different bundles, both for 349$ (329 euro if they want to be more drastic): a white version with Mario Bros U and a black version with Nintendo Land. Maybe even a ZombieU-only edition for the same price. Also they could add a a code to download a couple of selected titles on eshop or on Virtual Console.

Soundwave said:
They are going to need both. Large price drop and much bigger games. Pikmin 3 and Wii Fit aren't saving this trainwreck, its headed to Vita town already.

It's doing bad, but not even close to Vita town yet. PSP was less popular to begin with and never had a proper killer app in the west (also with MH4 it has lost its only killer app in japan), also Sony is using all of their AAA studios to produce home console games. On the other hand Nintendo will have its best teams working on the console. If in year from now and after a price cut nothing has changed, then we can agree it's gone to Vita town.