By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 due just five months after predecessors -Rumour

Who knows, maybe they'll finally release a 128Gb Model.

Around the Network
shuraiya said:

yeah thats worth spending another 500$ bucks on, lol

wick said:
After seeing both their market share and their stock prices plummet in the past year, they are getting desperate to try and not become irrelevant again.

apple wont be the huge force it was 2 years ago in the future, bit by bit competitors are stealing away there market share and thunder. heck  the galaxy s3 was once the best selling phone in a quarter beating the iphone. and apple releasing new ipads every couple of months wont help either, the more you release, the less hype you will get

BasilZero said:
bananaking21 said:
shuraiya said:

It would be for those who havent gotten a single tablet like me :O

but thats becoming a niche market, people who never owned tablets. specially apple fans

BasilZero said:
bananaking21 said:
BasilZero said:
bananaking21 said:
shuraiya said:

but thats becoming a niche market, people who never owned tablets. specially apple fans

The Tablet market or just Apple altogether? Hasnt it always been niche...considering the fact that iOS is only on Apple products o.o?

by niche market i ment the people who never owned a tablet and want to buy one, well maybe its niche in the usa. plus will a new announcment really make u want to get a tablet more? or are you already sold? and iproducts were never considerd niche, niche markets are small markets that a certain type of people would be interested in the product. iproducts have always been mass market products

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
bananaking21 said:
shuraiya said:

Same here. I've never owned a single tablet, but I'd likely get one if it was at least 128GB.

shuraiya said:
BasilZero said:
bananaking21 said:
shuraiya said:

Same here. I've never owned a single tablet, but I'd likely get one if it was at least 128GB.

Even if they discontinue 16GB model. I don't see why they would do that. Mass market customers barely criticize  lack of storage or exclusion of expandable memory via micro sd cards. The 128 model would cost $700-800 plus tax just for wifi version. Gets rather expensive and into the realm of macbook air. 

OT: The desktop/laptop market is declining though as lot of people are moving towards tablets. So there is lot of money to be made for those who get it right like Apple. 

BasilZero said:
bananaking21 said:
BasilZero said:
bananaking21 said:
BasilZero said:
bananaking21 said:
shuraiya said:

The Tablet market or just Apple altogether? Hasnt it always been niche...considering the fact that iOS is only on Apple products o.o?

by niche market i ment the people who never owned a tablet and want to buy one, well maybe its niche in the usa. plus will a new announcment really make u want to get a tablet more? or are you already sold? and iproducts were never considerd niche, niche markets are small markets that a certain type of people would be interested in the product. iproducts have always been mass market products

For me anything that has a bigger hard drive or space than what they had in recent years is the best. One of the reasons why I dont have a ipod Nano/touch but the classic.

Edit: And if I ever do get a new ipod, I'll be getting the classic before they finish the production on them ;x. (I have a 120 gb one (from 2008) but that 160 gb one is looking quite tempting ;p.)

well i have to say that personally i think that tablets have 64 GBs of memory max is a joke. i mean people are really jumping from netbooks that have hunders of GBs of ram to just 64GBs max? wtf? i mean they brag about that high res screen but that memory cant hold but a couple of HD movies in it. 

I'm still using my iPod from 2007 and having just got an iPad2 cant see myself upgrading that for a very long time. Component changes and software refinements are the only really difference between all the iPad products (except the mini).

Apple do seem to be moving further and further away from their strategy under Jobs, doubt they would have ever done this under him. Their brand and the current popularity of the products will carry them along for a few years but when they get to something like the iPhone XS3102, that be when they really have lost their innovative streak and be another company with a clutter of uninspiring, generic product line (unless you think that's what they a;ready are).

People don't have to upgrade right away even if a newer model comes out. I bought my iPhone 4 in 2010 and I used it for 2 years, then when my 2 year contract was up I upgraded to the iPhone 5. Sure the 4S came out in between then, but I didn't feel the need to upgrade. Once my contract was up and I could get my new phone at a discount, then hey why not?

They kind of did have some reasons for refreshing the iPad late last year. They were moving their whole product line iPod Nano/iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad mini over to the lightning connector and it would be kind of strange if the big daddy top of the line iPad was the only one still using the old 30pin connector. While they could have just updated connector they also threw in an upgraded SoC A6X based on the recently released iPhone 5's A6, but with a more powerful gpu (more cores) at the same price as the previous iPad.

The A6/A6X wasn't available at the time of the iPad 3 release, so now that it was ready they could throw it in as well, plus it added extra value and made the big daddy iPad the most powerful in the iOS line.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"