By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC techies i summon you!!!

Barozi said:
Player1x3 said:
Barozi said:

Nope he didn't, he said more tech savvy than you, which is far from impossible considering the posts you made in this thread.

This was completely uncalled for. Seriously, why are trying to turn this into something ?

You were trying to make him look arrogant by twisting his words. THAT was uncalled for, I just pointed that out.

I didnt try to make him look arrogant. You're not a psychic, you cant know what my intentions were. Why did you even quote me unless you wanted to start something?

Around the Network

I have to agree with playerdude here, Barozis intervention was completely unnecessary, even more if you take into account hes a mod

Player1x3 said:
Barozi said:
Player1x3 said:
Barozi said:

Nope he didn't, he said more tech savvy than you, which is far from impossible considering the posts you made in this thread.

This was completely uncalled for. Seriously, why are trying to turn this into something ?

You were trying to make him look arrogant by twisting his words. THAT was uncalled for, I just pointed that out.

I didnt try to make him look arrogant. You're not a psychic, you cant know what my intentions were. Why did you even quote me unless you wanted to start something?

He may not be a psychic, but that is still what your post tried to do. It was either trying to make me look arrogant, or/and you were just trying to mock me. Barozi is right when he says that your post was uncalled for. Your attitude in the thread so far has been to contradict everyone before finally admitting that you don't know a thing about the subject. And now you're trying to play victim... That's quite rich.

There are some gaming rigs that come in small cases (sometimes people attach an LCD monitor onto the side to carry it around like a briefcase.

My case is a small Cooler Master. It can take a full size ATX motherboard and still fit snugly under one arm. It was made for all the intentions of taking it to LAN parties.

If this is your intention for the use of the laptop, then I strongly suggest that you do not easily rule out portable gaming rigs...

fordy said:
There are some gaming rigs that come in small cases (sometimes people attach an LCD monitor onto the side to carry it around like a briefcase.

My case is a small Cooler Master. It can take a full size ATX motherboard and still fit snugly under one arm. It was made for all the intentions of taking it to LAN parties.

If this is your intention for the use of the laptop, then I strongly suggest that you do not easily rule out portable gaming rigs...

I kid you not, I saw a guy with a Cooler Master and carried his own Monitor to a Panera Bread.

Around the Network
fordy said:

i would sacrifice a bit of performance for more portability, the question is how much for how much :p

Tarumon said:
Yeah, one top of the line gaming laptop = one good desktop + ps4 + Wii U + iPad. ....lol it's just very costly.  

Also, putting together your own PC feels fun. I guess it's a small taste of bigger hobbies like remodelling your home, renovating, landscaping, adding after-market parts to your car, etc. and seeing it all come together in a glarious gaming box (Or maybe I am just a nerd). Handling PC parts just seems more fun to me than buying a pre-built one. I wish there was a way to build your own laptop....

Bitfenix Prodigy

Or even way smaller - 

Lian Li PC-TU200

Fits long ass videocards like the HD6990 dual GPU. GTX690 would be no problem.

BlueFalcon said:
Tarumon said:
Yeah, one top of the line gaming laptop = one good desktop + ps4 + Wii U + iPad. ....lol it's just very costly.  

Also, putting together your own PC feels fun. I guess it's a small taste of bigger hobbies like remodelling your home, renovating, landscaping, adding after-market parts to your car, etc. and seeing it all come together in a glarious gaming box (Or maybe I am just a nerd). Handling PC parts just seems more fun to me than buying a pre-built one. I wish there was a way to build your own laptop....

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/category/notebook/

Tarumon said:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/category/notebook/

Not bad. You can get a 17 inch 1920x1080 with dual 670MX or HD7970Ms for about $2-2.2k and a Intel® Core™ i7-3740QM Mobile Processor 2.70 GHz 6M Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 3.70 GHz upgrade.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Fang_III_-_Taipan_Gaming_Notebook/

It's just when you see side by side benchmarks, mobile plaforms are very ...Wiik