By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New X360 Grand Theft Auto 4 Preview (framerate and other problems fixed)

madskillz said:
I think R* wants to hold their cards to their chest until the very last minute. I am not trying to say the PS3 version will blow, but if fans see it running - and the 360 version is clearly better than the PS3 version, I do think folks may cancel their preorders. Just a thought ...

Seeing as how GTA started out on Playstation I doubt R* would want to ruin that relationship, as for the chance of the 360 looking better? Highly unlikely since programming for the PS3 has finally been figured out, what I expect to see is close to identical looking games but with more people and traffic on the PS3 version thanks to the Cell processor.

Around the Network
Omac said:
ssj12 said:
tkca17 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
well COD4 was shown first on 360, but in the end we all know how that turned out....

What the same. Oh I know what you mean the fact that the 360 version sold better. Sorry about that I thought you were making a sony fanboy comment.

the better version was on the PS3.

Don't think so.

Did you not read around, the PS3 had better texturing, so like mentioned above, to the consumer identical, but technically, better on PS3.

gebx said:
URNotE said:

Heres a link to backup what i said.. http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/blogs/age/archive/2007/07/30/sony-gets-exlusive-rock-star-game-in-exchange-of-gta-iv.aspx

Sony just made a potentially key move in the console wars, shoring up the exclusive rights to Rockstar Games' next big franchise. Nothing is known about the new game at this time, however. Also, SCEA's Jack Tretton revealed that "they let Rockstar out of the exclusive" for GTA IV "in exchange" for this.

heres another video interview.. look for it.. http://www.gametrailers.com/gamehead.php

sony let rockstar out the deal as i stated before... Ms stepped in and bought exclusive downloadable content... i dont know why people are so misinformed on this...

How is letting gta iv... GTA IV!.....  GTA IV!!!!!!  (ok you get my point) How is letting GTA IV go multiplatform a key move?? 

It's like Sony PR shovels crap right into your mouth and you just open up wide and eat it up.

Loosing one of the biggest exclusive is not a key move. They traded GTA IV for an unknown unproven game? Am I the only one who thinks thats insane?

uuuhhhh i didnt say that was a key move... but it seems if they wanted to keep a good relationship with rockstar north and keep exclusives coming from that company then it probably was the best move.... the whole point of this convo was to prove that sony has it written somewhere that GTA IV could not be released on the 360 first i think that was all but proven today with the comments by Rockstar...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1580161/20080123/index.jhtml

"GTA" games haven't missed their announced release dates before. When the delay was announced in August, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick told investors that "the reason it is being delayed is almost strictly technological problems — not problems, but challenges." Barrera offered a little more detail to MTV News this week: "It's really no surprise to anybody that the PS3 was definitely a contributing factor to that. Now, we're neck and neck. That's not an issue anymore. But back then that was something we were taking into account. That's not to say there's anything wrong with the PS3 version. It's awesome. They're both identical."

It should come as a surprise to those insisting the 360 was the sole source of challenges to the game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs