By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zarx's unofficial The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt hype thread - February 24th, 2015 - New Trailer

Should I update the OP?

Yes do it now 35 62.50%

Just wait and update it closer to release 8 14.29%

No no one bothers reading... 6 10.71%

No, you suck and I don't... 5 8.93%

Total:54

@That video: Did that guy said this will be the conclusion of the trilogy? I hope it doesn't mean the end of The Witcher games.

From the list of changes/improvements:

-Press the left trigger to turn on Geralt’s witcher senses. I hope this doesn't mean that they are developing it with a gamepad as the main input device.

-The team is deciding between using a handful of in-combat special moves for particular attacks and a slow-motion quick-time event style. So between what the style they had in the first or the one in the second? I may be the minority, but I liked the style of the first one.

Also, a change I don't see mentioned is the menu/inventory. I really dislike it in The Witcher 2 and I hope they change it too.

Anyway, very excited about this news. I'm sure it will be a great game.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

OK, this is sounding incredibly epic now. I hope they manage to put in horse combat, that could be quite fun.

zero129 said:
JEMC said:
@That video: Did that guy said this will be the conclusion of the trilogy? I hope it doesn't mean the end of The Witcher games.

From the list of changes/improvements:

-Press the left trigger to turn on Geralt’s witcher senses. I hope this doesn't mean that they are developing it with a gamepad as the main input device.

-The team is deciding between using a handful of in-combat special moves for particular attacks and a slow-motion quick-time event style. So between what the style they had in the first or the one in the second? I may be the minority, but I liked the style of the first one.

Also, a change I don't see mentioned is the menu/inventory. I really dislike it in The Witcher 2 and I hope they change it too.

Anyway, very excited about this news. I'm sure it will be a great game.

Yeah it seems this is the last witcher game, makes me soo sad to think its coming to an end .

But i can see this game being one of the most epic games ever cos of that

As much as I love the Witcher games, I'm not too worried if this is the last.

I mean its the developer CD Projeckt RED that I love it seems.  I have never heard of Witcher before I played the game.  It was an awesome game.  I doubt just the mythology of Witcher world made it great.  There are much better fantasy worlds out there than this, yet they don't live up to the awesomeness that was the Witcher games.

I am also really excited for their other game they are making.  That looks sweet too.  

So really as long as this company keeps making games I'll be happy.  So far their track record for games is 100% in my books.

“People may ask if this is really going to be the last Witcher game. Yes, it is,” said studio head said Adam Badowski.

“Why? Because we believe that we should end the series on a high note. Technology has progressed to where we can finally tell the story the way we want, with the visuals we want, in the world we imagined. This will be the ultimate fantasy RPG experience, and while we’re hardly out of stories to tell, we believe it’s time for us to look to new worlds and new horizons to keep pushing the boundaries of what we can create.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/05/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-is-the-end-of-geralts-adventures-previous-games-on-sale/

I wonder if the Witcher team will go on to a origonal IP or adapt another universe like they did with Witcher and Cyberpunk. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I cleaned up the OP a bit and added the new teaser trailer and the official press release

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
Maybe I'm just looking into things too much, but in the dev video at 0:51, are we seeing a slight glimpse of The Witcher 3 in motion in the monitors at the top or is that just some other CDProjekt related video from the past?

Well it's in the SDK and looks like an animation preview, but sure that model and animation will be in the game. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Gameinformer has a new interview about addressing feedback from past games

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/02/08/designing-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt.aspx

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Ok so I overhauled the OP with the latest info and I wrote out a description of the game based on what we know so far. I will of course continue to update as new info becomes available, and if there are any additions of corrections that anyone has make sure to let me know.

And remember this is unofficially the best Wticher 3 thread on the charts, accept no imitations!

@TheVoxelman on twitter

The Brothers Behind The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

If you're especially observant, you might have noticed (in this video interview) that the director and lead quest designer for The Witcher 3 have the same last name. The Tomaszkiewicz brothers started out in wildly different careers and eventually found themselves working together on the Witcher series at CD Projekt Red in Warsaw, Poland.

Watch the quick interview below to learn how two brothers ended up developing games together and what it is like to create a massive open-world RPG with your little brother.

To learn more about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, stay tuned to our hub below for a full month of exclusive video coverage.

Email the author Ben Hanson, or follow on Twitter, and Game Informer.

We Are Rebels: The Business Of The Witcher And CD Projekt Red

Based in Warsaw, Poland, CD Projekt Red has quietly become one of the most beloved studios in the gaming industry. The game development studio is housed under the larger CD Projekt company that also distributes Disney films in Poland and runs GOG.com. Based on the Polish novels, the Witcher license has given CD Projekt Red an opportunity to create mature RPGs that have garnered high critical praise and a devoted fanbase. Partnering with publishers like Atlus and THQ in the past only to help distribute their games across the world, the studio puts a strong emphasis on creative independence.

Watch the video below to learn from the vice president of business development at CD Projekt Red how the studio acquired the Witcher license and how they are funding the massive project that is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

To learn more about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, stay tuned to our hub below for a full month of exclusive video coverage.

i can't get the video right now.