By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zarx's unofficial The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt hype thread - February 24th, 2015 - New Trailer

Should I update the OP?

Yes do it now 35 62.50%

Just wait and update it closer to release 8 14.29%

No no one bothers reading... 6 10.71%

No, you suck and I don't... 5 8.93%

Total:54

Here is a link to the teaser on GT http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/22a458/the-witcher-3--wild-hunt-vgx-2013--witcher-3--wild-hunt-teaser

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Witcher 3 will be epic.

Eurogamer have an extensive interview about the Witcher 3

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-19-the-witcher-3-what-is-a-next-gen-rpg

Some interesting bits

"We will have the new mimic system, more animations, more sophisticated dialogue, editors, and this would result in more sophisticated depictions and dialogues with subtler camera work, with sounds helping tell the story rather than just be there in the background,"

"There will be some very touching moments in The Witcher 3, and you will have the time, since it's a very long game, to establish relationships with people that are close to you from the very beginning, and see the relationship grow or falter, and this might be a pretty intense experience as well."

"We're having many more physics objects like little bits of cloth dangling in the wind and chains and stuff," added environment artist Jonas Mattsson. "We want to make it as alive as possible. And when the wind rolls - so you have a grass plain and you see the wind moving - you get this motion. It's much more alive. Before it was just animation."

"In The Witcher 3 we are keeping the eroticism but we're working really hard at making sure it's interwoven with the story," added writer Jakub Szamalek. "It's not 'just because': it serves as a tool to tell a story between characters and give another dimension to the relationship we are portraying.

"Gamers do want adult entertainment, and the way in which The Witcher 2 was received shows that this is true. We're working very hard to make sure The Witcher 3 is fun but also a game for mature players and treats them seriously."

"You're correct that some players like to control everything," lead quest designer Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz (Konrad's brother) responded, "but because some things are unexpected you feel like this world isn't just a schematic. It's not a mechanical world where you only choose obvious things and you are always in control. People who live in it have their own motivations; factions go their own ways and things change. That is more realistic. It's just the approach we chose in our game."

"We tried in The Witcher 2 to make this high difficulty level but it was a mistake," he admitted, "because we tried to mix two different games." The Witcher fans wanted a traditional RPG with a story, not a challenge based on their dexterity.

"Dark Souls influenced me very much because I love games like this, but I understand after The Witcher 2 that we should less experiment on stuff like this but more focus on the things which people love in our games," he said.

The learning curve in The Witcher 3 will be "proper", then - not like the much lamented learning curve in The Witcher 2. There will be difficulty levels in The Witcher 3, but unlike The Witcher 2, Normal won't feel like Hard. "It wasn't a good decision," Tomaszkiewicz added. "Right now we're changing it and I believe that everyone will go in this world very smooth and we will not get problems like it was in The Witcher 2."

"No. No no no," was Adam Badowski's emphatic answer to whether The Witcher 3 will have paid DLC. "Not for small DLC or something like that.

"Maybe there's an option to have a huge expansion pack or something because of the size and scope of the game. This is the only option [for paid DLC]. But small DLC and DLC packs: it's not big enough [to charge for]."

As always check out the full article, there is even some PS4/XBOne talk if you are into that kind of thing.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Holy shit, I haven't played the first two but wow:

http://i.minus.com/ioDqrN0tLsHAJ.gif

Dat atmosphere.

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

The Witcher 3′s VGX Trailer Is All In-Game, “Will Be A Big Hit This Saturday”

As you may already know, a new trailer for The Witcher 3 will be unveiled this Saturday at VGX. And in case you’re wondering then no – this won’t be anything similar to the CGI trailer we got a while back. This time, CD Projekt RED is going all out and has prepared a trailer with 100% in-game footage. Hooray. Continue reading

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/g82gj1/the-witcher-3--wild-hunt-vgx-2013--world-premiere-trailer

GIFs courtesy of GAF

@TheVoxelman on twitter

This game looks super awesome.

Doesn't it look a lot better then some of the very first initial screenshots?

ishiki said:
This game looks super awesome.

Doesn't it look a lot better then some of the very first initial screenshots?

It does, keep in mind that it is still pre-alpha and very much WIP. The first shots were using the old Witcher 2 renderer.

And man that city shot, if we can actually explore all that.... Holy shit

Also the physics, the fur and breaking windows. Man Maxwell better be a huge jump...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

It looks really amazing and I can't wait until it gets released.

If only they showed a bit more gameplay...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
It looks really amazing and I can't wait until it gets released.

If only they showed a bit more gameplay...

Yeah those short snippets were so tantalising.

@TheVoxelman on twitter