By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many hours per week do you play video games in average?

How many hours per week do you play video games in average

0-5 h 9 19.57%

6-10 h 9 19.57%

11-15 h 11 23.91%

16 - 20 h 6 13.04%

21 - 30 h 8 17.39%

31 - 40 h 2 4.35%

40 - 60 h 0 0%

60h+ 1 2.17%

Total:46

I also want to know how many hours you think is "too much".

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

Usually 0-5 hours

But i have spent around 60-70 hours over the past week playing final fantasy..

it's addicting :(

If you'd asked me at this time last year, I would have said 50+ easily, now though, 0-5 sounds more right. I spend my time studying languages/working (and school on top of that when the holidays finish), I just don't have time for games any more :c There will be an exception to that when I get Pokemon X later this year though n.n

I'd say 'too much' would probably 40 hours+ a week.

It depands, sometimes it's 20 hours, sometimes it's 0. But on average I would say 0-5 hours a week.

>40 hours a week is imo too much!!

Wow, I expected you guys to play more! I even though I'm fully employed and live with my girlfriend and her child, I manage to play like 20-30 hours a week. 6-7 of them are on the way to work. I admit that gaming is my no 1. priority when I have time for my self, after being with my family of course!

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

20 hours.

well i play at night mostly anbd only one hour or 30 minutes, on sundays sometimes i play like 8 hrs haha

I play 20-30 hours per week easily. I'm not working or studying right now though. It'll drop to around 15 hours when i start working again.

2012 sucked for games IMO, so I picked 5-10.
2013 projected 15-20.

I usually manage to squeeze in about 10 hours a week, between college work, training and socializing.

I wouldn't set a number on how many hours is too much, it depends on how balanced your life is. If you can find time to do other things and gaming is not having a negative impact on other areas, then you're fine. Once you begin to socialize less or find no time for your school/partner/college/job etc you are gaming too much.