By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 sales surpass Xbox 360 (Shipped Numbers)- report

radiantshadow92 said:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total

posted on ign

Thank you. Now, let's just wait a little for the first post who will discredit IGN as well....

Around the Network

Fantastic come back! It was only a matter of time

Also before any Xbox fans reply doing damage control I be leave IDC over your opinion or using vg data which is not very well reported when it comes to some parts of Europe (Sonys big territory)

Let us just wait official numbers. Really pointless to argue this IDC report at this moment.

But I really want to ask one question that if Sony really shipped 8million+ in last Q, do you think Sony overshipped PS3?

Godchild1020 said:
slowmo said:
Not a chance, there is no way they would outship Microsoft and not announce it imo.

I can see from this thread what we can expect from the next year or two as people fall over themselves to announce its outsold the 360 only to be knocked back numerous times due to adjustments and incorrect figures.

How can they announce they shipped more then Microsoft, if Microsoft hasn't publicly announced how much they shipped yet? I would believe they would let the Media do that as well. IMO

IGN has reported the news as well, but they feel a little off by it as well, because they don't know if they got the info from Sony or Microsoft.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total?abthid=50ee5936086a498939000044

The same way Microsoft could announce they outsold Sony last year, they have their own reporting figures way more accurate than these "estimates" which in case you haven't gathered they predicted the 360 in the past to hit around 40 million LTD so hardly have a record for accuracy.  Feel free to pop your champagne and celebrate all you like though guys.  IGN posted the link becuase it will generate a lot of hits and ad revenue, they don't care if it's factually correct or not as they will not take the hit for the inaccuracy, the IDC would when they announce a correction in future. 

I'll gladly doth my cap to the PS3 outshipping the 360 if the official Sony and Microsoft figures show this though in the next few weeks.

kowenicki said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
Fantastic come back! It was only a matter of time

Also before any Xbox fans reply doing damage control I be leave IDC over your opinion or using vg data which is not very well reported when it comes to some parts of Europe (Sonys big territory)

1. What does VGC have to do with shipped numbers?

2. We will have official shipment numbers in the next few weeks.  This will be right or wrong very soon, OFFICIALLY.  If Sony man up and release actual data that is, unlike the last two quarters.

Damage control. Damage ccontrol 

cool story bro, PS3 finally where it deserves to be :) have a lovely day 

moderated Kasz216

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

bye then.

that was easy... I know what to do now.

Youre like the big mean teacher who everyone runs away from.

This thread will be funny in a few Weeks.

I think Sony saw the chance to overtake X360 by the end of this year for shipment figure and they didn't want to miss it because it could be a great milestone for them. So they decided to ship more consoles up to 8million even the market didn't need that much.

It is the same thing when MS shipped more console in order to hit the LTD 10million mark back to 2007 (or 2006, I don't remember.)

But that is just my thought.

77 million for PS3 means 7 million from November 4th to 31st December... hard to believe.

ethomaz said:
77 million for PS3 means 7 million from November 4th to 31st December... hard to believe.

Clearly all stars is undertracked and is a huge ass system seller