By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 sales surpass Xbox 360 (Shipped Numbers)- report

Also if the worldwide shipped figures have officially surpassed the 360's then it indicates the sales number have also become surprisingly close, mostly likely in 800K-850K range. I actually think the PS3 sales would officially surpass 360 by end of Q2 2013.

Around the Network

Well, Sony can ship 8million console in one quarter just like what MS did in Q4, 2011. But I remember many people here claimed X360 was overshipped and till now I didn't see any one said PS3 was overshipped.

kowenicki said:
GameAnalyser said:
Now VGChartz should be checking and updating accordingly. It's time for the adjustments. I still believe PS3 is under tracked by atleast 1mn margin.

how long have you thought this for?

Post Q4 2011.

ninjablade said:
maverick40 said:

lol this gif would be perfect in the neogaf thread.

Good idea! I will post it in it now!

CGI-Quality said:

At this point, it's inevitable for the PS3 to pass the 360, but I wouldn't count those chickens just yet. We need more than one source to back this up. Sony themselves, for instance.

:O YOU'RE BACK??

OT: FINALLY. Knew it would happen....Glad to since MS seems to be giving hardcore gamers the middle finger right now

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

Not a chance, there is no way they would outship Microsoft and not announce it imo.

I can see from this thread what we can expect from the next year or two as people fall over themselves to announce its outsold the 360 only to be knocked back numerous times due to adjustments and incorrect figures.

Oh oh i always wondered how this moment would be like!

It doesn't matter if IDC is right or wrong, although you can bet your ass that they are more right than all of us on this website combined, this was bouned to happen and it is much more entertaining that i first thought it would be to see hehe!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total

posted on ign

Chark said:
Chark said:
Chark said:
*Accidentally pops the champagne.....drinks it anyway*

*drunk*

Peaps aree just thhaaaat hherd off not to lick the pStree they make the fuzzz. *passes out*

Ooooooh my head is killing me.....

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

slowmo said:
Not a chance, there is no way they would outship Microsoft and not announce it imo.

I can see from this thread what we can expect from the next year or two as people fall over themselves to announce its outsold the 360 only to be knocked back numerous times due to adjustments and incorrect figures.

How can they announce they shipped more then Microsoft, if Microsoft hasn't publicly announced how much they shipped yet? I would believe they would let the Media do that as well. IMO

IGN has reported the news as well, but they feel a little off by it as well, because they don't know if they got the info from Sony or Microsoft.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total?abthid=50ee5936086a498939000044

EDITL radiantshadow92 beat me to the link.