By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CAPCOM Arcade Cabinet officially announced! Coming in February

Capcom Arcade Cabinet announced for PS3, Xbox 360
Stay tuned for the more detailed announcement next month.
January 8, 2013 / 11:29 PM EST / Sal Romano (@salromano)

Capcom has announced Capcom Arcade Cabinet for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in this week’s issue of Famitsu.

A free release, the game will see Capcom’s retro arcade titles “perfectly reproduced” and distributed in order.

We take it that means it’s a hub for retro Capcom arcade titles, which you’ll have to purchase separately. But there is one starter game you will be able to play for free. We’re not sure what it is, though. There are plans for packs containing a number of titles that will be “surprisingly cheap.”

It is unknown whether there will be online play, but there are online rankings. Capcom promises a more detailed announcement on February 7.

Note: Xbox LIVE Arcade box art for Capcom Arcade Cabinet was leaked last month, signaling a likely worldwide release.

Thanks, Game Nyarth.

Around the Network

lololol

I love me some perfect ports of classic Capcom arcade games. Really looking forward to this.

Will get to it just as a soon as I perform some major reconstructive surgery on Basil's face over there.

BasilZero said:

A free release, the game will see Capcom’s retro arcade titles “perfectly reproduced” and distributed in order.

Easy there, champ. The hub is a free download, the games will cost you monies. Think Microsoft's Game Room.

BRING ME SATURDAY NIGHT SLAM MASTERS.

What are the chances?

Around the Network

This will probably be the same thing as the ones on ios where you can only play them a certain number of times a day unless you pay extra to buy more credit.

Download is free, maybe allows you 1 free play per day. But each game would have a cost to actually own I imagine.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

badgenome said:
BasilZero said:

Easy there, champ. The hub is a free download, the games will cost you monies. Think Microsoft's Game Room.

BRING ME SATURDAY NIGHT SLAM MASTERS.

I am holding out Game Room without the suck, even if they drop the own your own arcade.  I do hope for challenges and weekly leaderboards though.  At least give me weekly leaderboards and like $1 a pop per game.  I want to get back to running weekly challenges with CADERS.  I SO miss them not bundling weekly leaderboards to do challenges with games.  Midway Arcade Origins, for example, didn't have them.

Anyone up for taking on arcade challenges against others?  If so, drop me a line please.

^ that would be interesting...

Xxain said:
^ that would be interesting...

I am trying to get the best of the best together, playing these, so I can eventually get a "PGA for Pacman" organization off the ground in a greater degree than CADERS functions now.  In CADERS I have a number of top XBox Live Arcade players.  I just need more together and more support.  Format like Game Room with cheaper content is what I need.  Plus others to join in.  I welcome some messages from people who want to sign up for stuff.

I had run this stuff regularly when Game Room launched.