By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The problem with the Vita.

I woke up to news of Pokemon X and Y for the 3DS and thought to myself, I HAVE TO GET A 3DS. 

It's as simple as that. I really want a 3ds because of Pokemon X and Y. Those games are worth the console itself. VITA HAS NONE OF THOSE. When will we see a game introduced for the Vita that makes you say, I HAVE TO GET A VITA.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

You come off a little strong, but your basically saying what were all thinking.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

i understand what you mean as Pokemon is HUGE and always has been. i think I'm getting a 3DSXL for Zelda soon (and will try pokemon for the first time too)
but tbh i blame Sony as LittleBigPlanetVita is so fantastic and such a strong and great game they need to advertise to the masses

The problem with the Vita is that the so call Sony fans are not buying it. I did my part, I own two.

That is the exact reason it should of been a phone. (yes I've been saying this for almost a year now)

Nintendo has the IPs to ensure success in the mobile market as a second device along with a phone/tablet etc. Sony does not. Therefore Sony should accept that fact and simply and very strongly integrate their Playstation mobile experience with a phone. Not the craptastic Xperia Play low-end POS. But a strong hardware and software line-up in a phone design. (with actual controls)

Around the Network

And with many rumors of a new LOZ game, Donkey Kong or even Kirby on the 3DS next year? Luigi's mansion and Animal Crossing are on the way everwhere else this year too. Nintendo's given us no reason to buy a vita.

BasilZero said:
superchunk said:
That is the exact reason it should of been a phone. (yes I've been saying this for almost a year now

So you want the gaming division to compete against the mobile division? i.e. kill themselves? lol

Don't see how you made that connection. Sony already makes multiple different phones and a Vita.

BasilZero said:
superchunk said:
That is the exact reason it should of been a phone. (yes I've been saying this for almost a year now

So you want the gaming division to compete against the mobile division? i.e. kill themselves? lol

They already have smartphones, tablets, etc. And phones with controls aren't a success. People prefer thinner phones and physical controls make them bulky.

BasilZero said:

Which would give people another reason not to buy a Vita especially if it comes with another "surprise surprise contract obligation to a service provider".

I said instead of Vita... not along side of it.

Well, it was pretty obvious from the beginning, wasn't it. Nintendo has established its position in the handheld market over and over again, with titles especially developed for them (given the same care as the games of their "main" console). Most devs don't put that much effort into Vita games, with obvious results.