By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 720 Specs: Eight-core CPU, 8 GB RAM, Windows 8 Kernel?

Pemalite said:
ninjablade said:

well i told you it was 7 year old tech, with many developers saying its par, so yes graphicly its 7 year old tech, i think every sytem has it exlcusives i would say sony has the best exlclusives, with nintendo and microsft coming in second for me, its good you have a powerful pc but most gamers like me don't.

Wrong.
Developers have squeezed pretty much everything out of the PS3/Xbox 360.

The Wii U is just released and just started it's life cycle. Compare the games in 7 years time when developers have learn't how to tap the Wii U's potential.

the problem with that theory is has no potential, they alreay know what there getting with the wii u, the architecture is very simialer to 360 it has nearly the same specs, its a bit different, in the end the best you will from the wii u, is halo 4.uncharted type graphics, that's the best your gonna get if you even have developers who will to invest in the wii u. point being wii u is not like 360 and ps3 when it came out developers have never had so  much power in a console, it was even better then the best pc's spec wise at the time,.

Around the Network

"Durango will have blu-ray playback. They know that people want it, and that they expect it"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46222851&postcount=1325

ethomaz said:
Just to add.

I can't believe the NextBox will use a 8000M... that's a weak GPU with ~900 GFLOPS only...
I think the Xbox 8 wiill use the desktop version HD 8000 with over 2000 GFLOPS.

I don't believe it will contain either - it will have a custom chip that is based on any tech but highly adjusted to the needs of the console which makes it hard to compare the performance to the pc-brothers.

ethomaz said:
Just to add.

I can't believe the NextBox will use a 8000M... that's a weak GPU with ~900 GFLOPS only...
I think the Xbox 8 wiill use the desktop version HD 8000 with over 2000 GFLOPS.

Well if it's 8970M then maybe,8970M will be like little better than HD8850(like 7970M little better than HD7850),btw 8970M seems are 384bit,according to wiki

Wii U uses Blu-ray drive... so I expect the same for all consoles.

Before the people came here to say I'm wrong... the Wii U users a Blu-ray drive but the BD discs uses a custom data format that just Wii U can read... so Nintendo locked the read for the standard Bly-ray format... it's like the Wii that uses a DVD drive with a custom file system format to the DVD discs and Nintendo locked the read for standard DVD but the hackers unlocked the DVD read lol.

Around the Network

walsufnir said:

I don't believe it will contain either - it will have a custom chip that is based on any tech but highly adjusted to the needs of the console which makes it hard to compare the performance to the pc-brothers.

I'm just comparing power... of course when I say HD 8850 based is a customized chip for consoles based and with spec near the future HD 8850.

The HD 8850 is suposed to be a 3 TFLOPS chip with a 130W TDP.

Edit - And the custom part is to be heavly customized because seems like the MS is doing a APU + GPU togheter in the same chip... a big chip.

ethomaz said:
Wii U uses Blu-ray drive... so I expect the same for all consoles.

Before the people came here to say I'm wrong... the Wii U users a Blu-ray drive but the BD discs uses a custom data format that just Wii U can read... so Nintendo locked the read for the standard Bly-ray format... it's like the Wii that uses a DVD drive with a custom file system format to the DVD discs and Nintendo locked the read for standard DVD but the hackers unlocked the DVD read lol.

again, you have no proof for that, ethomaz. yes, it sounds logic but when giving no proof you are only stating your opinion. but let's not argue about it as it is absolutely unimportant what disc-type wiiu uses.

walsufnir said:

again, you have no proof for that, ethomaz. yes, it sounds logic but when giving no proof you are only stating your opinion. but let's not argue about it as it is absolutely unimportant what disc-type wiiu uses.

Well the Wii part is true story .

8 core Jaguar + something around HD 78xx or 88xx performance is my ideal specification for the console. If it has stacked DDR4 then that would be my dreams come true.

Tease.

hivycox said:
It sure would be a biest...but I don'T think this will happen... what price point is microsoft aiming for?? 800$ ??

I think that they will go with a 7000 radeon card or maybe an upgraded 6800 who knows...but not the newest techs... and If they build such a machine won't kinect 2.0 add too much cost to it??

Don't worry. They are bringing the payment-with-installment option which means you can afford a $800 xbox720 just like a $800 phone.