By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The "Angry Video Game Nerd" YouTube Channel Suspended

Tagged games:

Do you like AVGN?

Hell yes! 45 66.18%

F*** no! 14 20.59%

Who? 9 13.24%

Total:68
KylieDog said:
Bet some random trolls reported him acting to be some company.

By random trolls do you mean retarded Irate Gamer fans who really believe that James Rolfe ripped off Chris, "Bores you to death", Bores?

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
So ya I think his Cinemassacre channel is gone for good - way too many footage from movies and cartoons. At least his video game channel is fine ;o.

But that's bull shit because fair use allows for clips to be used for review purposes and that's all James Rolfe does with old films, tv, games, etc. He should be 100% protected under fair use law.

Oh, man, I be that's really going to make him Angry! What if he become so mad that he actually becomes the Angry Video Game Hulk!

I hope he doesn't smash the internet. I think the funny, a little gross sometimes, but probably helps sell old games and bring them back to awareness. If I had an old game I could send him, I would enclose a dirty sock, so he would make a super angry video about my game.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

kain_kusanagi said:
KylieDog said:
Bet some random trolls reported him acting to be some company.

By random trolls do you mean retarded Irate Gamer fans who really believe that James Rolfe ripped off Chris, "Bores you to death", Bores?

There are irate gamer fans?

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

kain_kusanagi said:
BasilZero said:
So ya I think his Cinemassacre channel is gone for good - way too many footage from movies and cartoons. At least his video game channel is fine ;o.

But that's bull shit because fair use allows for clips to be used for review purposes and that's all James Rolfe does with old films, tv, games, etc. He should be 100% protected under fair use law.

He is.. but Youtube is not a public service. It is perfectly within its rights to deny stuff for any reason.

People forget this all the time when they talk about rights.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
kain_kusanagi said:
BasilZero said:

He is.. but Youtube is not a public service. It is perfectly within its rights to deny stuff for any reason.

People forget this all the time when they talk about rights.

Your right about youtube being a private company that can do what ever it wants. What sucks is they are choosing to side with corporations with NO legal standing to deny fair use instead of upholding the rights of their users.

What makes it suck even worse is that youtube does an auto takedown that hurts their users even if there isn't anything infringing. The user then has to go through a bunch of red tape to get their content back up.

Youtube should let fair use run free on youtube and unless a content holder issues a specific complaint with enough evidence to validate their claim the content in question should be left alone.

Youtube can do what they want since it's not a public service. You are 100% right about that. What pisses people off is that Youtube can do what it wants but lets corprate bullies stomp on free expressions when Youtube would be nothing without it. Fair use is the ammo Youtube can use to defend their users, but instead they treat us like we're all guilty of some crime that a bunch of corporations made up.

I agree. Just saying.