By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Leaked Famitsu Hardware sales figures: Week 3 + bonus soft sales

*punches Crazzyman*

Just stay quiet man, don't shoot out this obnoxious shit about the "PS3 has won!" or similiar.

Youre just setting yourself on Karma that will eventually backfire. Speak positively when the time is right, and NOW ain't the time.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

Interesting that CoD4 still hanging there. Lots of bigger PS3 titles were out of top 30 sooner.

so does this mean vgchartz won't have wii at 20mil, so leo won't lose the bet?

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

No this means the wii will end the week at about 20.04... so it will pass 20 million(this 20 million milestone sure has been a pain ;p)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

@Fast: It probably will. 19.97mln + 76k = 20.05 mln

Around the Network

Wow, Wii Fit is an absolute beast. Easily going to break 2 million in Japan alone. I'd say it's very likely to break 3 and perhaps even 4 million too, but those are so far off as to not really be pertinent to current analysis.

I had also thought that the Wii might fall below 40-50k in January, but apparently it isn't going to happen. Brawl is coming now, and that window of possible slowness has closed. Another one will arrive in late February/Early March, though.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

rukusa said:
*punches Crazzyman*

Just stay quiet man, don't shoot out this obnoxious shit about the "PS3 has won!" or similiar.

Youre just setting yourself on Karma that will eventually backfire. Speak positively when the time is right, and NOW ain't the time.

I'll 2nd that.

Any good news for nintendo is also good news my nintendo stock.Ninty keep leading the generation.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Wha.. ?
PS3 is doing GREAT!
PS2 did only 26k in 3rd week of january and with 299$ price.
Next week DMC4 bundle will boost sales. =)

People buy CoD4 because it`s a great FPS, though japanese usually don`t buy FPS, but this one just good one. Japanese bought ~100k Halo3, so nothing special there.
When japanese will buy over 200k western FPS, then it`s somethign WoW. =)

p.s. funny to see how those ~250k wii console ww are devided between Japan, Europe and USA.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Did anybody else notice that 5 games had Mario in it and 3 had Wii?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS