Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fantasy Life: 3DS New Hit

Wander_ said:
Chandler said:
Wander_ said:
NintendoPie said:
Wander_ said:

Yakuza sells 350+k first week in japan but it always stops at 600k

Why are you talking about Yakuza?

Because the OP thinks that if a game sells above 100k in Japan it means it will sell a million, And i proved him wrong.

Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! debuted at just shy of 30.000 units sold and is now at ~350.000 units. I guess now I counter-proved you wrong. But I don't think that this is how it works.

Japenes games well MOST of them seem to have very stong first week numbers and they drop 100% 2nd week.

Most of them also don't sell out of their first shipment in the first week and thus don't have to deal with shortages. Those who do have generally better legs than the other ones.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

Perfect release timing. Right in the middle of Animal Crossing fever.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

spurgeonryan said:
So many unknown games in Japan pushing big numbers on the 3DS. Exciting times....over there.

Unknown to you and others who don't really follow handheld games, but actually this game was first revelead 3 and a half years ago (originally for DS) http://www.siliconera.com/2009/08/25/level-5-and-brownie-brown-team-up-for-fantasy-life/

and many people like me had it constantly on their radar as Level-5, Brownie Brown and Nobuo Uematsu were involved.

Same goes for Ni No Kuni (another Level-5 game) which was first announced in 2008 for DS. It was obvious from the start that this game would be a big 3rd party JRPG project, but many people never heard of it until it was announced to be in development for PS3 as well.