Spectacular! 10 9.71%

show results 31 30.10%

Total:103
thehusbo said:
kowenicki said:
thehusbo said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
kowenicki said:

Revenue alone means absolutely bugger all I'm afraid my friend.

Sony made a loss on each of those consoles sold. So all that revenue for bugger all. They made a loss.

Thread failure.

Thank you.

That's true. But paid off the in the long run. Look we are at the end of the then gen and Ps3 is doing by far the best and has by far the best and most diverse exclusives.

Thank you.

off topic.

And what? These pro playstation threads are really pushing you to the edge aren't they? You can't seem to get away from them

He has nothing else to do but troll playstation threads. Why he isn't banned is beyond me. I don't like MS and there lazy venture into gaming. So I don't go in Xbox threads because what's the point? He needs to just leave the Sony forum alone. 

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
thehusbo said:
kowenicki said:
thehusbo said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
kowenicki said:

Sony made a loss on each of those consoles sold. So all that revenue for bugger all. They made a loss.

Thread failure.

Thank you.

That's true. But paid off the in the long run. Look we are at the end of the then gen and Ps3 is doing by far the best and has by far the best and most diverse exclusives.

Thank you.

off topic.

And what? These pro playstation threads are really pushing you to the edge aren't they? You can't seem to get away from them

He has nothing else to do but troll playstation threads. Why he isn't banned is beyond me. I don't like MS and there lazy venture into gaming. So I don't go in Xbox threads because what's the point? He needs to just leave the Sony forum alone. 

i trolling?  how?

reported.

All you do I post in positive Sony threads trying to derail or be negative. Don't be leave me? Go in any Sony positive thread and there you are. I usually don't care but your so biased and its getting rediculous 

PlaystaionGamer said:
thehusbo said:
kowenicki said:
thehusbo said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
kowenicki said:

Thread failure.

Thank you.

Thank you.

off topic.

He sometimes gets banned but not as long as some people which troll far less. I mean, sales and Turkish are trolls but they know what they are. This guy is just always in sony related threads trolling. Must just be bored..

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

thehusbo said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
thehusbo said:
kowenicki said:
thehusbo said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
kowenicki said:

Thread failure.

Thank you.

Thank you.

off topic.

He sometimes gets banned but not as long as some people which troll far less. I mean, sales and Turkish are trolls but they know what they are. This guy is just always in sony related threads trolling. Must just be bored..

I really just don't get why someone who doesn't like Playstaion (which is fair as everyone is free to like what they like) would come on Sony threads all the time? I fact a recent large Xbox supporter was permaband for less then Kowenicki. 

PlaystaionGamer said:
thehusbo said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
thehusbo said:
kowenicki said:
thehusbo said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
kowenicki said:

Thread failure.

Thank you.

Thank you.

off topic.

I really just don't get why someone who doesn't like Playstaion (which is fair as everyone is free to like what they like) would come on Sony threads all the time? I fact a recent large Xbox supporter was permaband for less then Kowenicki. 

He's been around for a while so he can get away with it.. Dunno why, but the general consensus is that this site is just full of raving sony fanboys who troll any microsft or Nintendo threads. They feel they have to defend their corner.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
thehusbo said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
thehusbo said:
kowenicki said:
thehusbo said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
kowenicki said:

Thread failure.

Thank you.

Thank you.

off topic.

I've probably owned as many sony consoles as you pal.  and certainly more sony products.

selnor was permabanned cos he asked to be. lol

I have owned both xboxs and many PC's. what's your point? If you don't like the PS3 (and while you will reply how it's just the fans you hate) you clearly don't. Why do you feel the need to spend hours posting in Sony forums? I didn't like the 360 so I don't go in Microsoft forums bashing MS when they do something good. That's called trolling and that what you do ALOT. You are by far th worst Xbox fan here as you constant negative Sony rampage looks desperate and sad. Just get over it. You think Sony fans are the worst? With all the bad Sony fans you still don't get as much trolling as we do from you in the Sony forum. 

Well a maybe you should asked to be if you can't help yourself.

I guess it goes to show how strong the PlayStation brand used to be. I remember the 5M buying it with no games quote and it seems that is the case. How much do we value the loss of good-will the PS brand suffered this generation? It is probably billions of dollars in paper losses on top of the financial losses they suffered.

Tease.

Thread is getting derailed. Im not a mod, but you should probably take personal complaints about a user to a pm, or report it to a mod. Also, fyi, calling people trolls is against the forum rules.

Best rule of thumb for dealing with people you think are trolling is just ignore them. Dont feed the troll.

On topic: if the op wants to really compare launches, you should probably broaden it out to the first two or three months. That would probably give a better picture. Also, since the majority of two sku consoles sales go to the higher priced sku, it would probably be more reflective to use the higher priced sku, or at least half the difference or something like that.

It made the most money out of all of the systems at there respective launches, but it also made the biggest losses out of them all. I'm not so sure if that should be considered a success or failure but hopefully sony learned it's lesson from back then

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

That's great that Sony moved that many units during launch. It just shows how much the Playstation brand was strong and still strong to this day.

From a business perspective, when one loses over 200$ per console, one can hardly call that a success. Up until late 2010, Sony was not making any profits and lost over 4.2 billion US$. I call that a failed business transaction.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2009/10/30/sony-ps-division-has-lost-4-7-billion-since-launching-ps3/