By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the best FPS series of all time in your opinion?

Tagged games:

COVER ME!

Doom 12 5.69%

Wolfenstein 2 0.95%

Halo 69 32.70%

Killzone 26 12.32%

Resistance 2 0.95%

Quake 7 3.32%

Timesplitters 11 5.21%

Farcry 3 1.42%

Half Life 57 27.01%

Call of Duty 22 10.43%

Total:211
JayWood2010 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
6th gen. Black
7th gen. Starhawk/KZ2
5th gen. Goldeneye 007
PC Doom
3rd gen. Duckhunt

in the end i'd have to go with Doom.

You really don't have Halo, Counterstrike, Halflife, unreal tournament on that list? 

If you don't like these games then that is fine but I'd like a little explanation as to why you chose Starhawk/Black/KZ2 over the titles I just mentioned.

Doom, Duckhunt, and Goldeneye is self explanatory but 3 games that has done very little in the market doesn't make sense to me being picked.  

Quake. wolfenstein, and not the one that came to consoles.

i haven't played counterstrike. halflife, or U.R.T., and all others i've forgot about. from 98 to 2002 i talked less about games and more about music. i didn't officialy return to games until 2004, and then i wasn't as informed about games as i am now. i've missed out on allot.

Around the Network
snowdog said:
Has to be the first Quake, closely followed by Wolfenstein 3D the game that started it all off.

Honourable mentions go to Duke Nukem 3D and Rise of The Triad which had pill power-ups that made things go all trippy and dog bone power-ups that turned you into a dog and allowed you to bite enemies lol. Also had the most secret areas I've ever seen in a game.

Rise of the triad was great, crazy first person platforming with the best power ups in an fps ever.

The fps games that were revolutionary for me were Wolfenstein 3D, (you could change the wall textures, we made some trippy and x-rated levels) Doom, Descent (true 3D), Duke Nukem 3D, Half-life, Unreal tournament, Far cry, Half-life 2 and Stalker.

I never got into Quake (too brown) or Halo (had trouble converting to twin stick at the time and found it rather slow and boring after the first level) Quake 3 arena was fun though, fast with crazy jumping :)

Gran Turismo.

But like the OP forget this game I have to vote in...

Half-Life or Bioshock... Unreal is amazing too.

Ans the winner is... Half-Life.

Halo, loved playing through Halo 1 and 2 on original xbox and really enjoyed the new ones on my friends 360.

Duke Nukem 3D, doesn't see it on poll... not voting

Goldeneye 007 (N64) would probably be number 2

Around the Network

K2 was best fps for me, so Killzone vote it is.

I agree half life 2 is the best but I love Killzone 2 and 3 including Battle Field 3, Bad Company and Bad Company 2. 😄

Super Mario Galaxy

JerCotter7 said:
Unreal Tournament.

I'm glad someone brought it up early. I almost had a heart attack when i did not see it in the poll as an option.

UT and Tribes (with the mods installed) were my favourite two.

Closely followed by quake 3

Cobretti2 said:
JerCotter7 said:
Unreal Tournament.

I'm glad someone brought it up early. I almost had a heart attack when i did not see it in the poll as an option.

UT and Tribes (with the mods installed) were my favourite two.

Closely followed by quake 3

You talking about the most recent Tribes that is on Steam (Ascend)?  I haven't tried it out yet even though it is F2P.  Still waiting on a new graphics card before I try any semi graphic intense game.  I played the hell out of Tribes 1 though.  The bases, vehicles, jet pack, etc left a big impression on me when I was a teenager.  I even had an ISDN connection when most were still on 56k or lower modems.  Tribes is the reason why Halo never impressed me that much.