By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wind Waker Speedrun World Record Broken by Cosmowright: 4:37:24

Tagged games:

Look at how he moves those fingers, specially the thumb dedicated to A and B... I'm pretty sure he's REALLY popular with the ladies (or the guys, I don't know)

Around the Network
wfz said:
Watching his Super Monkey Ball speedrun made me want to vomit. I know how difficult that game is, and seeing him breeze through it so perfectly made me sick to my goddamn stomach.

To my goddamn stomach.

Soleron said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
I say good job to him but i feel that using glitches to get through the game quickly to beat the world record is wrong but that is just me. It would have been awesome if he could get through the game in that time without using the glitches

If you actually had to sail everywhere and do every room normally it'd be 8+ hours and incredibly boring. While I'm sure it's possible, Cosmo earns his living from streaming and what people want to watch is any%, and he is able to do multiple runs in a night.

If I didn't use the word glitch would it make you feel better? I mean what if he just skipped a few platforms in a room by using the Deku Leaf in an unintended way. Would that be allowed in your hypothetical run?

The longest games are JRPGs: Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X, Skies of Arcadia, Baiten Kaitos at about 8-10 hours. Which is not doable repeatedly in one sitting, so you'll get a very unoptimised attempt. Cosmo is within 2.5 minutes of what is possible on a 4 hour run, and he does so through being able to make 10 or more run attempts in a night.

I see you are a fanboy. You took something i said way out of proportion. I didn't even say he didn't earn his living from streaming because he does earn his living from streaming but i never stated he didn't earn it. Where did i say that? Tell me. All i said was glitching is wrong which it is but i still said good job because he deserves it no matter what. I didn't even say that much and you turned it into a thing that i didn't intend it to be. By your response, you thought i hated Cosmo which i don't. I said it would have, key word "would have" been awesome to go through the game in the same time without using the glitch and nothing else. Next time mr. fanboy, don't take my comment out of proportion into something that i never intended. I still say Congratulations to him to hit the speedrun world record for this game and hope he breaks more speedrun world records in the future because he is talented.

Hawkeyejonjon said:

I see you are a fanboy. You took something i said way out of proportion. I didn't even say he didn't earn his living from streaming because he does earn his living from streaming but i never stated he didn't earn it. Where did i say that? Tell me. All i said was glitching is wrong which it is but i still said good job because he deserves it no matter what. I didn't even say that much and you turned it into a thing that i didn't intend it to be. By your response, you thought i hated Cosmo which i don't. I said it would have, key word "would have" been awesome to go through the game in the same time without using the glitch and nothing else. Next time mr. fanboy, don't take my comment out of proportion into something that i never intended. I still say Congratulations to him to hit the speedrun world record for this game and hope he breaks more speedrun world records in the future because he is talented.

No, I was giving you all the reasons why it is the way it is. Maybe not to respond to you specifically but for anyone reading the thread. I'm not defending it as the One True Run or anything, other runs like yours are certainly possible, and maybe even purer, just a lot more arbitrary (would need a long list of rules) and  less practical for entertainment as I said. You're not wrong or anything.

Soleron said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:

No, I was giving you all the reasons why it is the way it is. Maybe not to respond to you specifically but for anyone reading the thread. I'm not defending it as the One True Run or anything, other runs like yours are certainly possible, and maybe even purer, just a lot more arbitrary (would need a long list of rules) and  less practical for entertainment as I said. You're not wrong or anything.

Alright than. Maybe you should have said that in the end than because i felt like i was getting falsely accused so i felt the need to defend myself. well i owe you an apology. Sorry about that. Oh and sorry for calling you a fanboy. To note, using anything in a game in a unintended way is a glitch. 

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
That's extremely long for a speed run, must be a long game.

Yep, I don't understand how people can concentrate for that long on executing perfectly.