By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Windows 8 proving less popular than Vista

how stupid, i think Windows 8 is awesome, and my pc works much faster now with W8

i can play Skyrim in Ultra settings now, with W7 only up to high!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

MS'extensive advertisements on tablets rather than mainstream desktop/laptop interface overhaul from 7 proved a failure. The overhaul being minimal to almost absent.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
how stupid, i think Windows 8 is awesome, and my pc works much faster now with W8

i can play Skyrim in Ultra settings now, with W7 only up to high!

It's not just the gamer's market out there, unfortunately.

im kind of happy about this, now dont get me wrong i love windows but windows 8 seems like its for touch, not desktops/laptops. and if this teaches MS a lesson that people still want a windows catered for non-touch devices then good. this will also mean they will still support windows 7 too, which is my favorite windows so far

bananaking21 said:
im kind of happy about this, now dont get me wrong i love windows but windows 8 seems like its for touch, not desktops/laptops. and if this teaches MS a lesson that people still want a windows catered for non-touch devices then good. this will also mean they will still support windows 7 too, which is my favorite windows so far

windows 7 or windows 8 can have the same ui, the touch options can be removed.

If anything the harder it is for windows 8 to get traction the more likely they will cut windows 7 support earlier. easier to get people to switch if you force them.

Around the Network
thranx said:
bananaking21 said:

windows 7 or windows 8 can have the same ui, the touch options can be removed.

If anything the harder it is for windows 8 to get traction the more likely they will cut windows 7 support earlier. easier to get people to switch if you force them.

MS isnt that stupid to force people to switch, they still support XP dont they? or supported it for a very long time. also MS makes shit louds of cash, supporting both versions wont be a problem. this is the first time i heard windows 8 can have the same UI, i heard it works for desktops but it wasnt the same UI, atleast thats what i heard

I hate windows 8 and I don't really want it. It looks stupid and a waste of money. I am happy with windows 7

I never understood the hate Vista got. Aside from being lumberingly heavy, it was perfectly functional

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
I never understood the hate Vista got. Aside from being lumberingly heavy, it was perfectly functional

I think it has a ton to do with the fact that it got some hate due to the whole 3rd party driver issue. That hate multiplied, because even though an operating system might be very good, if a few people hate on it, that explodes into everybody hating it.

The exact same is happening with Windows 8. People are saying they hate windows 8, when nothing about windows 8 is worse than windows 7. People also are coming to conclusions far too fast though. We have everybody either loving or hating windows 8 only months after it released. Most operating systems take some time before they are really good.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
I don't understand why people have to go to the "classic" setup anyways.

All the things that are apparently better suited for a touch interface? Yea, those same things work pretty amazingly with a mouse.

I absolutely love going to the upper left of my screen to go to different tabs. Or, if I just want to see all the tabs, I just easily slide my mouse downward. Or how I can easily make those tabs take up the left third of my screen. Or how I can easily slide my mouse down the right side to get all of those necessary options. Oh, and also, how that missing start button...yea, its a simple push of something called the Windows button. It is really simple. Or how about the fact that I can move my mouse to the lower left part of the screen, and right click, and have a whole array of awesome options.

All of this "Yea, it is definitely much more suited for touch screens" is really beginning to irritate me, considering every one of those things is incredibly easy to execute with a mouse/keyboard combo.

The hat on 8 probably irritates the MSFT fanboys as well, not that I'm connecting their irritation to yours at all.