By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "An Unbiased Review" Unit 13 Review

Tagged games:

hey i think it was the right move. Uncharted is a platformer, action shooter, adventure game. not really the type of game this is.

Unit 13 a third person shooter, and it's on the Vita. unit 13 can't truly be compared to GEARS. Vita is limited by it's control options, and what it's capable of doing outside of home consoles.

having said that, you couldn't give Unit 13 a perfect score under any circumstances, do to your downs.

fair score, great review.

Around the Network

My biggest problem with it is the lack of gyroscope aiming. I've got over 1,000 headshots in Uncharted just because it controls like a dream. If they patched that in I'd agree with it being the best shooter on Vita, but as is I think Uncharted deserves that title.

JoeTheBro said:
My biggest problem with it is the lack of gyroscope aiming. I've got over 1,000 headshots in Uncharted just because it controls like a dream. If they patched that in I'd agree with it being the best shooter on Vita, but as is I think Uncharted deserves that title.

idk If I would say UGA's controls are perfect either. I found it virtually impossible to make any kind of shot without usuing gyro simply because the camera movement was so sparadic and choppy when aiming. Unit 13's aiming is quite good without gyro but it would have been better with that little bonus.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

JoeTheBro said:

Uncharted is a great action/adventure shooter, but I didn't like the use of the touch screen and the Gyroscope in the game. I rather use the analog sticks to aim. I still loved playing it and found it to be a true testament of what the Vita can do. It's just the touchscreen controls during the boss fights and the gyroscope when aiming with the rifle and using the binoculars, that got to me and made the game a little less enjoyable.

Unit 13 is one of the best shooters to grace the Vita in 2012 . When I was writing this review, I forgot about Uncharted. I blame the features.

Godchild1020 said:
JoeTheBro said:

gyroscope when aiming with the rifle and using the binoculars, that got to me and made the game a little less enjoyable.

Unit 13 is one of the best shooters to grace the Vita in 2012 . When I was writing this review, I forgot about Uncharted. I blame the features.

Go to the options in Uncharted.  There's an option to turn off that feature.  I couldn't stand the feature either so I turned it off and used the analog stick.  Unfortunately, there's no easy way to aim grenades outside of holding L and pressing the grenade to throw it at that spot.  If you want to aim grenades at a specific location you have to deal with the bs touch screen option.

I had the same problem with Uncharted as most other people though.  All the forced touch screen controls that the game threw in your face.  The only other problem and very minor, was the slight dead zone.  It's something I quickly got used to, but it's a complaint you hear with the game.

Unit 13 I don't think is as good as Uncharted, but it's a great game.  The game has good replay value because of the score system and the longest missions are only 5-10 minutes so it's a perfect game to pick up and play if you only have a short amount of time but want to play a shooting game/stealth game .  The games control is extremely well done as both analog and touch screen controls are very responsive.

I thought the review was good, but one thing you didn't mention is how the scoring based system works.  I wouldn't say you needed to go into any major detail, but could have given a generalization, mentioning maybe "certain characters get more points by doing certain actions than others," or how "you'll receive less points if enemies are aware of your presence."  It doesn't hurt your review much that it's left out, but adding it also shows characters have diversity in how they acquire points as the game is based off the score system, allowing different ways to tackle each mission and possibly acquire more points with one character as you could with another, even a character that's recommended.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Godchild1020 said:
JoeTheBro said:

gyroscope when aiming with the rifle and using the binoculars, that got to me and made the game a little less enjoyable.

Go to the options in Uncharted.  There's an option to turn off that feature.  I couldn't stand the feature either so I turned it off and used the analog stick.  Unfortunately, there's no easy way to aim grenades outside of holding L and pressing the grenade to throw it at that spot.  If you want to aim grenades at a specific location you have to deal with the bs touch screen option.

I had the same problem with Uncharted as most other people though.  All the forced touch screen controls that the game threw in your face.  The only other problem and very minor, was the slight dead zone.  It's something I quickly got used to, but it's a complaint you hear with the game.

Unit 13 I don't think is as good as Uncharted, but it's a great game.  The game has good replay value because of the score system and the longest missions are only 5-10 minutes so it's a perfect game to pick up and play if you only have a short amount of time but want to play a shooting game/stealth game .  The games control is extremely well done as both analog and touch screen controls are very responsive.

I thought the review was good, but one thing you didn't mention is how the scoring based system works.  I wouldn't say you needed to go into any major detail, but could have given a generalization, mentioning maybe "certain characters get more points by doing certain actions than others," or how "you'll receive less points if enemies are aware of your presence."  It doesn't hurt your review much that it's left out, but adding it also shows characters have diversity in how they acquire points as the game is based off the score system, allowing different ways to tackle each mission and possibly acquire more points with one character as you could with another, even a character that's recommended.

I already completed Uncharted and got the Platinum, so I don't think I will be playing it again. I did turn off the feature, when messing around in the options menu a while back. It's still great info for those still or just getting into it.

The only reason why I will put it over Uncharted is because it is a portable title and that is what the Vita is meant to have. Uncharted was that game you had to play when you was on the go or in the house. Even though you could just pause and put the Vita to sleep, it just didn't feel right because it was so story driven.

I was going back and forth on what to add and what not to add, I completely forgot about adding how the point system works. I'm sure there are more things I could've added in about the game to make the review more meaty and informative. I will take this in to consideration when posting my next review, because I rather get feedback/criticism about what I have done, so I can better myself next time.