By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 will reach 50% marketshare next year

What will you do when it hits 50%?

Pop a bottle and celebrate 221 67.38%

Weep and wail 106 32.32%

Total:327

What's ridiculous is that if it was the 360 pulling this off, all you 360 guys would be celebrating. "I can't believe an 8 year old system is still selling this well. 360 is a BEAST. The Ps3 doesn't have a chance of catching up, now."

How hypocritical to being saying "so what" or it's just a "hollow victory" now that it's not you fave console. Oh well, I guess us PS3 guys can pop a bottle and celebrate, while you sit there and "weep and wail."

Around the Network

When MS has a console that dominated the previous gen and then wound up in 3rd place the next gen, that would be a logical comparison.

J_Allard said:
When MS has a console that dominated the previous gen and then wound up in 3rd 2nd place the next gen, that would be a logical comparison.

Fixed that for you. 

So, If MS ends up in 3rd next gen, but maybe one year finishes 50% for a year, MS guys won't celebrate?  I bet they would.  And I would give congrats to MS, like I always do when they reach a milestone.  Too bad quite a few MS guys just can't bring themsleves to do the same for Sony.  Always downplaying any good news for them.  Ah well, I suppose if that is your prerogative.

It's significant because it is 3rd place and most expensive, at least to me. It's probably the first 3rd place console to have this many awesome exclusives so late in its lifespan and the only one to ever lead the last few years of a gen. This basically shows that price and release date are the only reasons PS3 isn't leading. It's exclusives and free online are making it sell more even though it's still more expensive this late in the gen and the has the fewest friends to get their buddies to buy it to play with them (the reason 360 sold so much).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Lol and hear we go again, lots of fans of a certain system calling the inevitable of the PS3 overtaking the 360 or the PS3 reaching 50% market share for 2013 a "hollow victory".

The only "hollow victory" is the "victory" these fans are trying to claim when the 360 will end up selling less than the PS3 overall despite launching a year to a year and a half earlier and at a significantly lower price. Not to mention this will be the 4th year in a row the PS3 has outsold the 360, and since the PS3 has been available worldwide it's outsold the 360 5 out of 6 years.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
J_Allard said:
When MS has a console that dominated the previous gen and then wound up in 3rd 2nd place the next gen, that would be a logical comparison.

Fixed that for you. 

So, If MS ends up in 3rd next gen, but maybe one year finishes 50% for a year, MS guys won't celebrate?  I bet they would.  And I would give congrats to MS, like I always do when they reach a milestone.  Too bad quite a few MS guys just can't bring themsleves to do the same for Sony.  Always downplaying any good news for them.  Ah well, I suppose if that is your prerogative.

What fix? Are you saying Sony hasn't been in 3rd place this entire gen?

J_Allard said:
thismeintiel said:
J_Allard said:

Fixed that for you. 

Because it will wind up 2nd.

thismeintiel said:
J_Allard said:
thismeintiel said:
J_Allard said:

Fixed that for you. 

So? It's completely irrelevant at this point. 

reggin_bolas said:
thismeintiel said:
J_Allard said:
thismeintiel said:
J_Allard said:

Fixed that for you. 

So? It's completely irrelevant at this point. 

No it isn't.  Maybe profit wise but a console with a lower install base (less people buying cause their friends have) and being more expensive this late in a console span means people recognize the value of free online and superior software.  It shows consumer satisfaction and confidence in the brand going into next gen.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

thismeintiel said:
J_Allard said:
thismeintiel said:
J_Allard said:

Fixed that for you. 

Well at least you're not one of the crazy folk predicting it will outsell the Wii