By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - No More Heath Ledger

NJ5 said:

The guy has (had?) a daughter... If it's suicide, how selfish do you have to be to kill yourself and leave a daughter without a father in this world?

I know first hand that depression is terrible, but I still don't understand how someone in that situation can't get their shit together to think about the ones left in the world after he goes.

Well, It's not really that easy, depression is a disease, not a state of mind or whatever. And alot of the meds against depression has the effect to rather make you feel nothing at all instead of just removing the bad stuff. If you take those meds I can understand that it's very hard to think of others. Then again I hate suicide and I think its a very coward-like way to go.

I wouldn't be suprised if it's a normal overdose though, it's been rumors about him being addicted to heroin in the past and taking alot of sleeping pills and other medication so I wouldn't be surprised if he got careless and took too many, maybe some call that suicide but I don't think it was his main motive.

PSN: TrbSvns.

Around the Network

Rip Heath ;( This has been on the radio none stop since its his home town..

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000
rendo said:
Guy isn't even worth sympathizing over. He's a tool, who left two daughters FATHERLESS. Hardly even worth the mention in the news compared to the thousands of others who died yesterday who DIDN'T kill themselves and leave their kids father/motherless intentionally.
I have a feeling i dislike you.

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000

Perth and WA must be hit hard. Heath was proud of Perth.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

This is sad...and to be bluntly honest, I've never seen ANY of his films, yet...
I've heard his name a bunch , never saw Brokeback or any of his movies, but his name was spreading around enough that I knew who he was, even though I didn't know his work.

This makes me think of many things. Myself, I have too much stress and depression in my life (it runs in the family), two daughters that don't live with me but I see them every opportunity I can, a biopolar ex that is f-ing crazy, and a screwed up life in general, but I couldn't bring myself to end my life no matter how bad things were or became.

I'm not sure what the cause of death was, but with the drug history, any type of depression level, where his offspring actually lived (far away from him, probably), who cared for them would, and a gradual sudden FAME would be a mixture strong enough to drive someone over the edge.

Look at someone like...(I hate to say it)...Kurt Cobain.
I was NEVER a Nirvana fan (which continues to this day) and I honestly think that they were REALLY overrated. In my humble opinion, the only good thing to come out of Nirvana was the Foo Fighters.
But, if you look at his life and what was probably going through his head at that time, it was a shock, but really how big a shock was it?
Here's a guy that had some simple angst ridden songs and suddenly became a HUGE mega-star...the "godfather of grunge" if you will...
He couldn't take the pressure, or the continual drug intake, or the success...
What did he do, he ended his thoughts and stress the only way he could see a way out...death.

I'm not sure about HL in that repect, but you really can't judge another human being until you've walked a mile in their shoes.
You have no idea what his childhood was like, into high school, into college, into adulthood...

My observation - if it was some sort of bizzare suicide, maybe he had reached a higher peak and had tons of baggage and really couldn't deal with his situation (no matter how AWESOME it may appear to you), and maybe found the only way out he could think of...death.
Or maybe he just took too many pills...
(I guess we may find out soon enough, but the media is really corrupt...so we'll see what they release about this tomorrow or Thursday)

Take a good look at some celebrities (anyone)...
Uh...
Britney Spears...there you go...another one...
(I really didn't want to bring her up, but...)
What the hell is she gonna do?
She's lost her kids, career, and credibility, so what is she going to do?
She'll either move to Europe (which she should have done that a year ago) or kill herself.
What other option does she have?
Face the media?
She's doing a horrible job at that already.
Face her fans?
She's losing a hundred fans (at least) every day...
Where will she turn?
To a bottle, either pills or alcohol...which I guess she's already been doing that...so...she might be next...

I've noticed some predictions about video game sales on here...well...here's mine for the next few years...

1. Heath Ledger killed himself with depression, medication, and personal stress.

2. Spear Britney will probably be dead by 2009.

3. If Obama is elected president some idiot from Alabama (or somewhere in the South) will try to shoot him because they are racist and stupid.

4. If Hilary Clinton is elected president I'm moving to Canada (and no, not because she's a woman...it's because she's EVIL!)

5. Some country in the middle east will fire a nuclear weapon at the US before 2010.

6. I hate to say it...(and I'm an American)...but I think before 2015 The United States of America will have another civil war or become the next Roman empire...that's right...civil unrest...a major financial depression...continuous war...terrorism...and if something isn't done soon to change these things...America will simply IMPLODE!

Think about it...all the "terrorists" would have to do is plan and execute another minor or major attack and this country would go f-ing CRAZY!

These are tough and confusing times, and many times...things aren't always what they seem...

That's my two cents...(and i do give refunds if anyone wants one)

Around the Network

Just saw him in "I´m not there" playing bob dylan... made me want to cry, great actor playing an even greater poet... what a shame...

rocketpig said:
This is really unfortunate. The guy was really in some great movies, enough so that I'm give him a pass for the "spit in the hand" gay sex scene in Brokeback Mountain.

You thought his acting in that scene wasn't good?

RobMate said:
rendo said:
Guy isn't even worth sympathizing over. He's a tool, who left two daughters FATHERLESS. Hardly even worth the mention in the news compared to the thousands of others who died yesterday who DIDN'T kill themselves and leave their kids father/motherless intentionally.

Good for you. I couldn't care less if you liked me or not.  Fact is he was selfish and left his daughter, apparently he only had one I was mistaken, without a father.  Countless other people died the very same day he did, probably some people who went unnoticed who did a lot more than he ever did.  I'm not trying to speak ill of the dead, but when kids are involved and it LOOKS like suicide, SMELLS like suicide, than usually, it is suicide, and it's just poor form.  

rendo said:
RobMate said:
rendo said:

Good for you. I couldn't care less if you liked me or not. Fact is he was selfish and left his daughter, apparently he only had one I was mistaken, without a father. Countless other people died the very same day he did, probably some people who went unnoticed who did a lot more than he ever did. I'm not trying to speak ill of the dead, but when kids are involved and it LOOKS like suicide, SMELLS like suicide, than usually, it is suicide, and it's just poor form.

So far it sounds like you're auditioning as a spokesperson for all the angry people that have abandonment issues. But to be clear, do you think anyone who commits suicide is a selfish person? Or is it just the ones who have children?

drugs are bad mmmk.

I guess he got what was coming to him, drugs just ruin lives, in his case it just ended it, poor fella.

the moral of this death, don't do drugs!!!