By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - BEST OVERALL EDITION! (Gears Of War)

Gears of War best is.......

Gears of War (original duh) 26 35.14%

Gears of War 2 (sequel duh) 17 22.97%

Gears of War 3 (trilogy duh) 21 28.38%

Obviously GoW Judgement (2013) 10 13.51%

Total:74

LAST BEST OVERALL EDITION of 12/20

What gave the best performance/most liked/ best delivery in the series?

Discuss

Around the Network

Gears of War.

The original. It was the only one of the series that had fun multiplayer. The newer titles sucked ass.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

For me too gearsof war (original) was the best. Me and my friend beat story mode like 5 times.
Gears of war 2 was cool too. never played the third unfortunately.

The 3rd is the best because it's single player was the best. I could care less what people bitch about the multi-player changes, the single player campaign got better with each game.

Around the Network

Gears OG is the best

Gears 3.

Best campaign. Best Horde mode.

Gears of war 2 is my favorite. The original was disappointing and over rated for me. Gears 3 was good, but it didn't share that same epic vibe I got from the 2nd.

I don't give a damn what anybody says. Gears of War 2 was incredible. Graphics went to a whole new level. Story got expanded on and gave the characters a much needed dose of personality. Environments were all over the place from cities to underground to frozen wastelands to the sky. Gameplay was changing every few levels. HORDE MODE!

Definitely in the running for best game this gen, in my book.

Gears of War for the most innovation but Gears 3 was the most balanced, great campaign, great multiplayer. I think the best overall was Gears 3 but the first was the most innovative so it'll be the fan favorite. Plus people who only know how to run around with a gnasher with out any kind of strategy will choose the first game.