By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do the flux! (Mass Effect Related)

http://masseffect.bioware.com/community/fluxdance.html

Do The Flux

// Home / Community /

Put your dancing shoes on for the Flux Dance challenge

Mission

Recreate the sweet dance moves Commander Shepard does at the Flux nightclub in a setting of your choosing and posting it on the web. Download a sample of Shepard dancing at the Flux (MOV 1 MB).

How to Enter

• Grab the Flux Dance music, or if you really need it, there's an extended video loop.
  • Film yourself or your friends doing the Flux dance in the locale of your choosing (home, the mall, work, etc.).
  • The total length of the video should be between 10 and 30 seconds.
  • Post it on the web for all to see.
  • E-mail the link to the video to bulletin@bioware.com and we'll link to the best on the Mass Effect Community page.

We're looking for the best or funniest situation involving at least one dancer and one non-dancer/hapless observer/fan/groupie/nervous bystander. The coolest videos get sweet Mass Effect swag!

First round of prizes announced February 15th, 2008.

Tips

• The Flux is best performed around others who act as if nothing out of the ordinary is happening.
  • The game gods over at IGN blazed the way for The Flux Dance. Check out their video for inspiration.
  • Try and keep the whole situation in frame.

Around the Network

ROTFL ... how in the devil do you get Shepard to dance?! I know he can take in a few up close dances, but he can dance?!

madskillz said:
ROTFL ... how in the devil do you get Shepard to dance?! I know he can take in a few up close dances, but he can dance?!

LOL How in the world did you miss this.  Is freaking hilarious though the female one is less goofy.  Just go to the flux and the dance floor when the manager is there.   It gives you an option to dance and boy does he ever. 

This game is amazing because after almost two months, people are still discovering new things to do.

BioWare>Any Other RPG maker.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

elnino334 said:
madskillz said:

LOL How in the world did you miss this. Is freaking hilarious though the female one is less goofy. Just go to the flux and the dance floor when the manager is there. It gives you an option to dance and boy does he ever.

Haha ... cool. I'll do it tonight. Thanks for the info ...

@ RocketPig - I totally agree. For a game to have that much depth, and hold my attention for a couple months straight is insane. I wonder - did Bioware, founded by two doctors, put subliminal messages into the game to get us addicted? Hmm ... 

Around the Network

You can also bring 1 of your team mates on the dance floor and dance with them. Well one of the girls your flirting with that is.

Omac said:
You can also bring 1 of your team mates on the dance floor and dance with them. Well one of the girls your flirting with that is.

WHAT!!!!Feel like such a noob especially after calling out madskillz.  Will try it.

I spent at least 10 minutes on the dance floor with Liara ... ROTFL ... going to the ship to get Ash ... yessir!

Omac said:

I kid you not, I just found that out a couple of hours ago. I have to grab Ashley myself. I was playing my female Shepard at the time just got my level 60 achievement yesterday and going for the "lesbian" love seen which I got earlier. I need to get my hardcore and insanity achievements now.

Will Ash hook up with a female Shepard? I know folks may be overlooking this, but she stated she believed in God - maybe she's a Christian - and wouldn't consider another woman.