By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Lets look at gun control as oppose to the top reason, income inequality.

What do you think is the top reason for gun violence?

Income inequality. 21 29.58%

Gun control. 16 22.54%

everyone should own a gun. 11 15.49%

These chicken fingers are good. 19 26.76%

Total:67
Adinnieken said:
LemonSlice said:

Can a person with a knife kill 20 people in a matter of minutes? No, therefore I'd rather have a rise in knife violence than shootings.

XBL Gamertag: ckmlb, PSN ID: ckmlb

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:

What we need in this country are stricter requirements for gun ownership and better training. Basically we should treat guns at the very least the same way we treat cars... not everyone is allowed to get behind the wheel of a vehicle, nor do you simply have to pass a quick background check and wait a few weeks to acquire a driver's license (unless you're an illegal, but that's another topic entirely). You have to prove through several instructor sessions as well as a final test that you can properly and competently operate a motor vehicle. Same thing should be done with guns.

This is exactly my view on the matter of gun ownership. On the other hand, I think people that want the assault weapons ban want to make the possibility of a shooter (like the Sandy Hook one) of acquiring an assault rifle a lot less likely, it's not supposed to be the end of gun violence by any means. Also when you mention shootings being higher in cities with stricter gun controls that's because of gang activity and crime in general being higher in many large cities. This is a different kind of gun violence than a mentally disturbed person randomly shooting people.

XBL Gamertag: ckmlb, PSN ID: ckmlb