By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EURJPY is a MONSTER! USDJPY is a BEAST!

So the Vita pricecut early 2013 is in the bank right now ;)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

-or not.
Sony right now is making more money on vita than if they were selling twice as many at a lower cost. What they really want to do is continue offering content. 3 months ps+ and a game for 249$.

They could even hold until march 31 with exchange rates this nice, and several big games coming out.

Nice! Time to massively devalue that Yen haha.

If i were Sony, right now I'd be all about a 279$ soul sacrifice/tearaway bundle with limited edition cases and 3 months of ps+ with a 4gb card. They are raping on this exchange rate.

theprof00 said:
-or not.
Sony right now is making more money on vita than if they were selling twice as many at a lower cost. What they really want to do is continue offering content. 3 months ps+ and a game for 249$.

They could even hold until march 31 with exchange rates this nice, and several big games coming out.

31 st of March is early next year. They already announced the prices of Soul Sacrifice so until that game is released, there should be no price cut. I think they should try to combine the cut with the release of Killzone.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

Yahooooo :)

Nintendo is going to be profitable this quarter!

Scisca said:
theprof00 said:
-or not.

31 st of March is early next year. They already announced the prices of Soul Sacrifice so until that game is released, there should be no price cut. I think they should try to combine the cut with the release of Killzone.

Ah yes, I see what you mean now.

Yeah, I would bank on a pricecut immediately after march 31, the end of the fiscal year, depending on how everything plays out. I would cut the wifi down to wifi down to 199$ with 3 months of ps+, get rid of the 3g model, and come out with a 4g vita xl for 259$.

I'd also begin work on a vita phone IMMEDIATELY.

theprof00 said:
Scisca said:
theprof00 said:
-or not.

Yeah, I would bank on a pricecut immediately after march 31, the end of the fiscal year, depending on how everything plays out. I would cut the wifi down to wifi down to 199$ with 3 months of ps+, get rid of the 3g model, and come out with a 4g vita xl for 259$.

They call that one an Xperia, but saying that, how do you really, truly think a phone will work? When it comes to your game console/handheld currently people expect a long life for such a device, when it comes to a phone people swap those every 1 yr or 2 yrs ususally, would that work for a handheld? 

jlrx said:
theprof00 said:
Scisca said:
theprof00 said:
-or not.

They call that one an Xperia, but saying that, how do you really, truly think a phone will work? When it comes to your game console/handheld currently people expect a long life for such a device, when it comes to a phone people swap those every 1 yr or 2 yrs ususally, would that work for a handheld? 

I'm just talking about a Vita that can make phone calls.
1 to 2 yrs for a phone's life cycle is always due to feature improvement. Vita doesn't need or want feature improvement, but what would help drastically is if I don't have to carry a phone at all.

Train wreck said:
Shinzo Abe back in November indicated that he would be prepared to print "unlimited Yen" if he was to become PM to force a Japan reflation trade. Fast forward a month, he is now the new PM.

Sounds like he is taking a page from USA's playbook.