By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will be top dog over the other in 2013? X360 or PS3?

Which will have more sales WW Total by 2013 year end?

XBOX360 36 27.07%

PS3 97 72.93%

Total:133

As of now (according to VGchartz) Xbox360 is at 72.3mil WW and PS3 70.3mil. 2mil difference and can change before years end (difference). So who will have more sales at the end of next year?

Lets remember both next gen consoles will/might come out next year, but it seems more likely xbox(next) will make a 2013 entrance while ps4 2014. This will affect sales if one or both come out. This isnt for lifetime sales because we know sony likes to keep all consoles over a 10year lifespan. This is just for the end of next year.

PS3 will have lots of exclusive first half of 2013. Xbox still selling well and extra with Kinect (soccer mom excuse), so decide who will be TOP DOG in sales WW next year!

Will it stay with Xbox or will sony take the year by storm?

You Decide!

Around the Network

well it depends on how the rest of Dec. and Jan. play out.

with shipments so close, and adjustments (as they always do this time of yr).likely to come. PS3 could find it's self just 1m untis closer if not 400k units ahead of 360 by the end of 2013.

edit: although i focus more on Q1 - Q4 reports

edit 2: PS3 will likely be 400k behind or ahead.

I think Xbox will still be ahead but both close, real close and both over 78mil

Wii U of course. Between the older systems, I think XBox, because I think WiiU will do more damage in Japan than in America.

Sony a ton of games coming and Microsoft only has one. Id say Sony, but I doubt it would be enough to close the gap because Microsoft only needs one game and a shit ton of marketing to win over people.

Around the Network

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sony a ton of games coming and Microsoft only has one. Id say Sony, but I doubt it would be enough to close the gap because Microsoft only needs one game and a shit ton of marketing to win over people.

Tbone↓
Also casuals with kinect will be sold while ps really dont aim toward casuals, unless wonderbook actually did good?
(i dont kno im askin)

Sony will sell more systems next year, but xbox will still be ahead in lifetime sells

Depends almost entirely on how much saturation effects 360 sales in America. Similarly to the almost nonexistent effect of the DS's 2010 price cut, I don't expect a 360 price cut to really effect things. I said this in another thread but I'll withhold judgement until full year results are in before giving a proper prediction.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

2013-only WW sales: PS3 > Xbox 360 > Wii U

Dont underestimate the wii u! One title released for holiday can do wonders.