By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Lost Odissey the Opposite of Final Fantasy"- Indepth Preview

Found this great preview for Lost Odissey. The title up was not said to be a negative thing.

Here's the Link -  http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=49078&mode=thread&order=0

Here's some parts

<Edit> I was going to put lots of parts, but the article is too big (I'm leaving two parts below),  if you're interested in the game take the 5 minutes and read it..

"... If you're a gamer who turns to games to escape real-life difficulties, Lost Odyssey may be too much for you. It's a bleak and frank title about the frailty of human nature in a way that no one has any reason to expect a video game to be. I find it wonderful as an experimental change of pace..."

"In short, Lost Odyssey is a game for very hardcore, die-hard RPG fans who play a lot of games and, as a result, have very specific tastes. As of this preview build, the game may be too difficult to appeal to a mass audience. If you want a title that challenges you and presents incredibly unusual stories and characters, this is the game for you. If you simply want to play Final Fantasy, then keep waiting because Lost Odyssey is not what you want. It may well be the opposite. "

This is one of the few previews thats completly changed my outlook on a game. My interest level went from a " Yeah, I'll probably buy it used" to "Dammit, why isn't it out yet!!"

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Well other previews have said it was like final fantasy so we will see for sure once the reviews start pouring.

I wonder if this is what Microsoft wanted to hear?

Here is your RPG -- but no one (but the uber-fan) will want to play it.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Sounds interesting. I wonder what the combat will be like.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

to say the "truth" about this game :

there are some MARJOR technical issue and insanely ugly artistic style

it will a big disapointement ...

(except lower score than for BLue Dragon for example)

(all is taken from a french website, gamekult.com, VERY unbiased that can put 3/10 to Lair, 5/10 to HS, 6/10 to GT5 prologue, 7/10 to Halo3 and add that LO is crap...)

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:

(all is taken from a french website, gamekult.com, VERY unbiased that can put 3/10 to Lair, 5/10 to HS, 6/10 to GT5 prologue, 7/10 to Halo3 and add that LO is crap...)

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiches/J000074840.html

I can't seem to find it.. could you put up a link?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
libellule said:

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiches/J000074840.html

I can't seem to find it.. could you put up a link?

It's from a video (in french)

http://www.gamekult.com/video/15010800/ (1:05 and 37:18).

I will try to listen the video carefully
and try to translate what they say :

title : Lost Odyssey : a Fiasco ?

gameplay :

"I have played 2hours30, and it was 2hours30 of torture"

"it is a "loading game" (20sec for EVERYTHING : a door, a fight etc ...)  with some RPG element

GFX :

"character design AMAZINGLY BAD, it is like JRPG design but pushed to the extremety of the bad taste"
"game is not fluiding"
"level design not interesting"
"too many slowdon (loading time) that break the game and the fight intensity"
"no intensitty, too slow"

Combat System (good point)

from gebx:
"The two things that somewhat impressed him are the fact that they limited grinding away. You can't stay in the same area and level up too high. At a certain point you just stop getting XP and forces you to move on to the next area. He also liked the apprentice setup, how the immortals and mortals link skills."

==> there were disapointed to have to wait so long for this game
they don't want to spend too much time playing this game considering the others Xbox360 released or coming in 08.

Time to Work !

This review makes the game sound intimidating. It also seems to be putting down FF, which I am not so fond of. But the game does sound interesting.

I mean the art style is so ugly!!!

All the chracters are ugly....n then yous see the hotties in FF13....lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey