By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2013 Price Cuts

zorg1000 said:

I think that most if not all of the major consoles will get price cuts in 2013.

PS3-introduce 12GB model at $149, 250GB-$199, 500GB-$249

360-4GB-$149 w/Kinect-$199, 250GB-$249 w/Kinect-$299

Kinect-$79

Wii-introduce Wii Mini at $79, original model-$99

3DS-$139, XL-$169

Vita-discontinue wifi only, 3G/wifi-$199

DSi-$79, XL-$99

PSP-$99

Wii U-discontinue 8GB model, 32GB-$299

LOLOL! Discontinue Wi-Fi only? That's the only model people are interestd in as 3G is completely useless.

Nothing Wii U- related is gettinf discontinued, in fact the black 32 gig is a limited edition so expect that to be discontinued before the basic one......

$149.99 12 PS3? That would be amazing but I don't think its happening until like 2014 at the earliest.

Around the Network
coolguy said:
Nintendo should axe the basic wiiu and cut the deluxe to 299.

100% agreed

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

wiiU - probably not. it would have to be bombing something fierce for that to happen imo.

vita - seems likely/guaranteed. i think sony knows prices is a the biggest barrier for people right now. as soon as they can afford one i'll bet they drop it. $200.

ps360 - no sure. i'm sure they could be dropped but it probably isn't in MSony's best interest to have their next gen consoles too much higher in price. that and as long as sales are decent, which they are, might as well let the high profit continue. but if wiiU suddenly takes off i could see MSony making price cuts in response.

Don't expect a pricecut on PS3 until Sony announces PS4. They didn't increase the price recently, to cut it now without a good reason. And considering the sales grew after they increased the price, they will be milking it now as long as possible. And they have great games coming to support the price. I don't think they are gonna go extreme to $149. Think of something smaller. At this point it's no longer about the number of consoles sold, cause the generation is almost over. It's only about money now, so they will cut the price maybe by $20-30 at first. Small steps. First one when they announce PS4, second cut after they release it.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
Don't expect a pricecut on PS3 until Sony announces PS4. They didn't increase the price recently, to cut it now without a good reason. And considering the sales grew after they increased the price, they will be milking it now as long as possible. And they have great games coming to support the price. I don't think they are gonna go extreme to $149. Think of something smaller. At this point it's no longer about the number of consoles sold, cause the generation is almost over. It's only about money now, so they will cut the price maybe by $20-30 at first. Small steps. First one when they announce PS4, second cut after they release it.

Thats a good point, i still think they will do a slight price cut in the spring. Someone on here predicted $200 for 12GB and $250 for 500GB and possibly phasing out the 250GB. That seems plausible to me and maybe go down to 150/200 the year after.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:
zorg1000 said:
the2real4mafol said:

PS3 12gb~ £140
PS3 500gb~ £180 (if it happens)

Xbox 360 4gb~ Maybe small price cut to £130
Xbox 360 250gb~ £180

Wii~ Maybe a pricecut to £99

3DS XL~ £150
Normal 3DS will be discontinued altogether

PS vita~ £150 (currently £180 to £200 for PS vita bundles), 3G vita will be discontinued

PSP and DS pricecuts to £79, if at all

Wii U, pricecut is unlikely this is very dependent on sales

Out of all them, only the vita is likely to get a price cut i think

why would they discontinue original 3DS? u think a new redesign is on the way?

Because the 3DS Xl came out this year and is vastly better than the original 3DS

i agree that the XL is much better but not everybody wants that big of a handheld

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

360 down to 249 and 149.
PS3 199?
PS Vita 199
Don't care about anyone else so I'm not going to say anything about them.