By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If the PS3 outships the 360 do you think Sony will release a press release?

Will Sony issue a press release IF the PS3 outships the 360?

Yes. 20 51.28%

No. 10 25.64%

Sarcastic 3rd answer that... 9 23.08%

Total:39

Let me stress that this is a hypothetical. I am not saying that the PS3 will outship the 360 and this thread is not really about sales.

What I'm asking is if you think Sony would confirm that total PS3 shipments have surpassed total 360 shipments through a press statement IF that ever happened? On the one hand its not really something to brag about, taking second place, and it would look a tad arrogant considering the PS3 and 360 could jockey for position in terms of shipments for a while. 

On the other hand it would provide official confirmation from Sony themselves.

Discuss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Are you kidding me? It will use over the top language and adjectives that no normal human being uses and will def have "only possible on playstation" in there somewhere.

this.

Though I think they may want to wait to build a decent gap first just in case in flips again.

Nah, they would probably be happier if no one noticed.

I doubt they'll issue a press release specifically for that but they'll probably make some type of comment about it in a quarterly report statement. Maybe something along the lines of "PS3 also surpassed one of its competitors in total global shipments this quarter"

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Probably not. Businesses usually avoid mentioning their competitors directly. They'll probably stick to milestones, where they'll say something PR-ish like "the best selling high definition console in history" or something.

Around the Network

sure. why not.