By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What other Games could nintendo pull a Bayonetta 2 on?

Nintendo did an incredibly smart thing, the Wii U is not going to get all the multiplatforms that the other consoles get. It's just too different both control wise and architecturally. They knew this, so instead of kissing the a** of every publisher, they decided to buy a smaller fairly prestigious games sequel. This is so smart, it will allow the Wii U to compete with the other consoles without having to bend of backwards just to get inferior ports. So my question is, what other games could Nintendo possibly snatch up. I have a few thoughts. 

1. Sleeping Dogs 2- A great game that works for several reasons in this scenario. It sold very poorly, so it's not going to be like buying a huge franchise. It was very well received by fans and critics and would seriously bolster their library. Also it could serve as a viable substitute to the lack of Grand Theft Auto 5. This is one that I would very much like to see.

2. Anything Sega- Sega is in a bad place and doesn't really have the funds to bring out some of their franchises. What if nintendo funded a new Jet Set Radio? Or something in Sega's list of franchises. 

This tactic that is used is really a great way to fill the library. Nintendo can't fill it themselves, and we saw that with the Wii and are seeing it with the 3DS. You need third parties. Since Nintendo insists on having unique systems, they need games that are made for the system. What are some other games that could be exclusive-d.

Around the Network

They a need first person shooter so I go with Timesplitters since wanted but needed the money Nintendo can swoop and cause another meltdown

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Shenmue 3

Beyond Good & Evil 2. That game has been on the back burner forever.

If they brought Valkyria Chronicles back to the home console where it belongs I'd be buying a Wii U and Sony would lose my money, because I wouldn't be buying a PS4; well maybe I'd buy a used one really late in the generation.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I heard a rumor of nintendo buying out sega. Could you imagine if sonic became a nintendo exclusive? But this could be highly unlikley or possible i have no idea going off rumors.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

see the problem is with pulling on a "beyonetta 2" is that these games didnt really sell well and so they didnt get a sequel. they can pull off tons of "beyonetta 2's" and still wouldnt attract much costumers as the fans base of these games are really small to begin with

No I agree, these games individually aren't going to pull millions of gamers, but bit by bit, these more "core" games that have very strong cult followings will make the Wii U a more attractive proposition. If you look at this system and you see Bayonetta 2, Sleeping Dogs 2, and Jet Set Radio ( just an example of a few games) you are definitely going to be more attracted to it. A strong and balanced library is very important in maintaining sales throughout the lifetime of the console, and that's why the Wii floundered in it's last few years. 

I think it was a great move by Nintendo to get Bayo2 exklusive for Wii U; it ptobably won't make that much money, but it shows that Nintendo is serious about getting hardcore games and gamers, and it's also a sort of a promise that they'll try to cater to everyone.

As for games they could get this way, I don't know.... They could give one of their lesser known IP's to a 3rd party developer, so they don't have to waste resources themselves on it. And it would also mean that they get a better relationship, and Nintendo could fund and publish the developers own IP afterwards...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Mensrea said:

No I agree, these games individually aren't going to pull millions of gamers, but bit by bit, these more "core" games that have very strong cult followings will make the Wii U a more attractive proposition. If you look at this system and you see Bayonetta 2, Sleeping Dogs 2, and Jet Set Radio ( just an example of a few games) you are definitely going to be more attracted to it. A strong and balanced library is very important in maintaining sales throughout the lifetime of the console, and that's why the Wii floundered in it's last few years. 

qouted for the truth!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.