By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Third Week Sales USA Up by 17%

So far in the USA, WiiU's hardware numbers stand at 705,455.  That's because the sales this week are up by 17%.  That makes it just about 23k shy of Wii's third week total.  So this is good news for the system.  The more units it sells, the better chances for third party support get.

Around the Network

other systems are up too if you didn't notice. Wii was up 20% so it's not surprising.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
other systems are up too if you didn't notice. Wii was up 20% so it's not surprising.

I WAS kinda oblivious.  I guess it's the holiday times, huh?

johnsobas said:

Great news for Nintendo, they pushed nearly 630k systems to people in NA this past week alone, I wonder if they murdered DS and the Wii as they did in Japan would those translate to 3DS and Wii U as well? Perhaps they like those sales since they are not causing loss for them right now so its all around good news for them.

I'm more surprised by the number of Wii software sold this week in NA, 2.8 million o_O, to a supposedly dead console, that's pretty good in my opinion.

Around the Network
JTurner82 said:

So far in the USA, WiiU's hardware numbers stand at 705,455.  That's because the sales this week are up by 17%.  That makes it just about 23k shy of Wii's third week total.  So this is good news for the system.  The more units it sells, the better chances for third party support get.

well WiiU is going to be a beast this christmast.

34 years playing games.

yea wii is doing quite well considering. 21 of the top 100 are wii including #1 in the US and it's supposed to be dead. Xenoblade is back on the charts too, haha.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Teriol said:
JTurner82 said:

And if the games continue to sell with them, then the user base can only get better.  ZOMBIU has cleared about 250k so far and based on word of mouth, it could continue to do so.

JTurner82 said:
Teriol said:
JTurner82 said:

And if the games continue to sell with them, then the user base can only get better.  ZOMBIU has cleared about 250k so far and based on word of mouth, it could continue to do so.

awesome, i'm going to buy my  WiiU tomorrow with ninja gaiden 3 razor edge, some critic to that game? is it good or do you recomend me a different one?

34 years playing games.

Teriol said:
JTurner82 said:
Teriol said:
JTurner82 said:

awesome, i'm going to buy my  WiiU tomorrow with ninja gaiden 3 razor edge, some critic to that game? is it good or do you recomend me a different one?

Unfortunately I am not the best person to answer that question as I don't have one myself (I'm getting mine on Dec 25th).  But from the looks of it I'd say that yes, Ninja Gaiden 3 IS worth checking out on WiiU; a lot better than the much maligned XBox360/PS3 version.  So yeah, go ahead.