By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Almost every exclusive game of the holidays 2012 (or even earlier) was first announced this year.

So, you read it everyhwere, people talk about games for next year as if we couldn't get other games. People wonder why Sony has no games for holidays except Beyond, Microsoft has only Gears for the whole year or that we won't get games for whatever genre.

Examples fo games announced in 2012 and released in second half of 2012:

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Forza Horizon

Wonderbook

PSABR

Dance Central 3

Nike Kinect whatever

maybe other Kinect stuff

LittleBigPlanet Karting

Assassin's Creed Liberation

As you can see, as example almost the whole exlusive PS3 Library for the Holidays was only announced this year.

I didn't put Wii U games in the short list because it's no wonder that this console got some announcements only this year and i didn't check multi-plats because that is too much and i think most were announced before 2012 except maybe some indie games.

That also shows that even if i believe to see the next gen consoles next year, it isn't said that they will come next year just because there won't be any games anymore in the second half of 2013.

Around the Network

What did I just read?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

That's interesting, and I do understand your point. However, I'm not sure that any of those games were supposed to be major sellers, with the possible exceptions of Forza Horizon and Assassin's Creed Liberation--and that's debatable.

But still, yeah, people want to believe that it's because of next gen PS4/720 when it could simply be that Sony and Microsoft are waiting until later to announce PS3/360 games. We really won't know until the major press events roll around.

Ya...going by the games released this year, I think The Last of US was originally planned for a holiday 2012 flagship title. Its releasing in May 2013 so its not too absurd to say the game had a minor delay and Sony was smart to hold off on announcing a release date.

It seems both sides just scrambled this year to just have something

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

A few were revealed in previous years. Paper Mario: Sticker Star was one of the first 3DS games to be announced, and Persona 4 Golden was revealed in August of last year. Halo 4 was revealed at E3 2011. I know you aren't counting Wii U, but NSMBU was basically shown in an early form at E3 2011 as well. As for Sony... yeah, all their first-party holiday games were unknown quanities before this year, which I believe is your point. I personally expect most major holiday titles for 2013 to be announced by the time E3 2013 rolls around.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero