By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2012 360 VS PS3 in Games

Jay520 said:
You should add up the Metascores of each game to see who had the greatest super Metascore and better average Metascore.

I personally "add up the A".

AAA (90+) = 3 points. AA (80-89) = 2 points. A (70-79)= 1 point.

This is to prevent people from using multiple games in the 70s to justify lacking games in higher brackets. 

360 - 38 "A"

PS3 - 36 "A"

It really was a close race this year.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

I counted (25) games on PS3 over 70 Meta and (24) on XBox360 over 70 Meta in your OP.

Time for a thread title change.

Edit - NVM, just noticed for this instance you changed the normal rule of "Only 70+ Meta counts" to "Only 70+ Meta counts but 360 wins due to having more 80+". According to your rules shouldn't the PS3 edge out the 360 by having more "non-shovelware" titles?

Anyways, this really shows how much of a strength XBLA is.

That example was more rooted in sales, with the idea to see sales of what we would call "quality" offerings. This is purely score based. Please see above rationale. Sorry if you cant keep up. I seriously operated this way for years.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Bad year overall for me. But I been poor so I guess I have not even bought any game that was a 2012 release.

sales2099 said:

This is to prevent people from using multiple games in the 70s to justify lacking games in higher brackets. 

360 - 38 "A"

PS3 - 36 "A"

This isn't fair. For example, a game with an 80 Metascore would contribute double the points of a game with a 79 Metascore. It should not be this way. An 80 is only one increment better than a 79, and thus should contribue only one more point.

Farsala said:
Bad year overall for me. But I been poor so I guess I have not even bought any game that was a 2012 release.

Pretty much this. My money just wasn't there... I guess I had a hole in my wallet.

Around the Network

Curious as to why you took the PS Vita score for Motorstorm: RC, when the average of the PS3 scores would move it into the 80-90 bracket.

sales2099 said:
Euphoria14 said:

I counted (25) games on PS3 over 70 Meta and (24) on XBox360 over 70 Meta in your OP.

Edit - NVM, just noticed for this instance you changed the normal rule of "Only 70+ Meta counts" to "Only 70+ Meta counts but 360 wins due to having more 80+". According to your rules shouldn't the PS3 edge out the 360 by having more "non-shovelware" titles?

That example was more rooted in sales, with the idea to see sales of what we would call "quality" offerings. This is purely score based. Please see above rationale. Sorry if you cant keep up. I seriously operated this way for years.

No, it's hard to keep up when everything has a different set of rules.

Anyways, Pool Nation is a 79, so the "score" is now 37 vs 36 in favor of the 360.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/pool-nation

You also forgot Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection for PS3 which is sitting at a 70.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/resident-evil-chronicles-hd-collection

So, what do you know? It's tied now at 37 vs 37. Time for a thread title change.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

360 - 38 "A"

PS3 - 36 "A"

This isn't fair. For example, a game with an 80 Metascore would contribute double the points of a game with a 79 Metascore. It should not be this way. An 80 is only one increment better than a 79, and thus should contribue only one more point.

Tuff luck to the 79 and 89 I say. It affects both sides.

GreyianStorm said:

Curious as to why you took the PS Vita score for Motorstorm: RC, when the average of the PS3 scores would move it into the 80-90 bracket.

PS3 version didnt get enough reviews.

Euphoria14 said:
sales2099 said:
Euphoria14 said:

No, it's hard to keep up when everything has a different set of rules.

Anyways, Pool Nation is a 79, so the "score" is now 37 vs 36 in favor of the 360.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/pool-nation

You also forgot Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection for PS3 which is sitting at a 70.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/resident-evil-chronicles-hd-collection

So, what do you know? It's tied now at 37 vs 37. Time for a thread title change.

lol look at that.