By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The old adage that Xbox 360 Exclusives Sell So Much Better than Playstation 3 Exclusives is a Myth!

I'm not saying 360 doesn't sell more games, and for all I know xbla games may crush the sales of PSN games. But, I am saying the statement that all 360 exclusives crush the sales of all PS3 exclusives is patently false. If the 360 was moving 100 million more exclusives than the PS3 ( as Wii does to both 360 and PS3) I would say that it's true.

But with the 360 exclusives only selling 20 to 25 million more than PS3 exclusives and with PS3 exclusives like Uncharted set to pass the sales of 360 series like Gears of War and many other exclusives on PS3 having comparable sales to the sales of 360 exclusives, the statement that the sales of all 360 exclusives crush the sales of all PS3 exclusives is just a myth.

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
just something to argue about. by the end of this gen. PS3 exclusive total will have out sold that of 360 exclusives by a fair margin.

Haha what? Is LBP Karting going to suddenly sell 10 million?

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
whats surprising is how even 3rd party games are now selling more on ps3 straight away. just recently AC3 and far cry 3 and even if the 360 version sells more the first few weeks, the ps3 version of these games have stronger legs and end ups passing it. maybe microsofts strong focus on kinect is showing?

Oh my lets just forget about Call of Duty, Boarder Lands 2, Mass effect 3, The darkness 2,Kingdoms of Amular, Prototype2 , Max Payne 3, Tom Clancy Ghost Recon, NCAA Football, and more

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

I like how the PS3 boys remove things at will yet when questioned about there own bundled games, I get no response in turn. Kinect bundles count people. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

To further illustrate my point that the PS3 has caught up to the 360 in its ability to sell exclusives, I think I'll compose a list of all post-2009 console exclusives between both consoles, which is right around when the PS3 started to catch up.

Around the Network

Post 2009? Even again you blatantly disregard years of sales just to suit your own PlayStation satisfaction. It's actually kind of sad that you have to pretend things aren't even there just to even seem comparable.

Even if you look at multi platform games, the difference isn't that great. Fallout 3 sold 3.84 Million on 360 but over 3 Million on PS3. Given the much larger size of the 360's marketshare when the game came out the difference should have been greater.

ironmanDX said:
Post 2009? Even again you blatantly disregard years of sales just to suit your own PlayStation satisfaction. It's actually kind of sad that you have to pretend things aren't even there just to even seem comparable.

My purpose is to illustrate how the PS3 has caught up recently. It's not to cover the entire generation. It is known that the 360 has dominated the PS3 for the first half of the generation. I'm not pretending those years don't exist. It is to show how the PS3 has made progress in comparison to those earlier years. I might just do it year by year now that I think about it.

Jay520 said:
ironmanDX said:

My purpose is to illustrate how the PS3 has caught up recently. It's not to cover the entire generation. It is known that the 360 has dominated the PS3 for the first half of the generation. I'm not pretending those years don't exist. It is to show how the PS3 has made progress in comparison to those earlier years. I might just do it year by year now that I think about it.

You going to include Kinect? Or does't it count even though you'll more than likely have your ps3 and move bundles?

ironmanDX said:
Jay520 said:
ironmanDX said:

You going to include Kinect? Or does't it count even though you'll more than likely have your ps3 and move bundles?

I don't know. Though I find it disturbing that you already have these presumptions.