By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Million-Sellers Thread (Pokemon X/Y)

Tagged games:

How high will Global first-week sales of Pokemon X/Y be?

Over 5 million 50 52.08%

Between 4 and 5 million (BW=4.5) 22 22.92%

Between 3 and 4 million (DP=3.2) 6 6.25%

Between 2 and 3 million 4 4.17%

Less than 2 million 0 0%

Total:82

3DS already having more million sellers this year than 2012 (with Tomodachi), it is only going to get better from here

Around the Network
KHlover said:
3DS already having more million sellers this year than 2012 (with Tomodachi), it is only going to get better from here

yeapppp!

the_dengle said:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Passes 2 Million Sales

As of the week ending April 06, 2013, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for 3DS has surpassed 2 million sales. It is the seventh 3DS game to achieve this feat, and did so 70 weeks after its Japanese launch. Although the brunt of its sales are in that region, the game's Western releases at the end of March 2013 were contributing factors to its success. MH3U has sold over 150 thousand units in America and Europe combined, and over 1.85 million units in Japan.

3 Ultimate on 3DS is currently the 5th-best-selling title in the franchise globally, though it is only about 50k short of Monster Hunter Tri for Wii, and will likely pass those sales shortly. The top three Monster Hunter games are all on PSP, but released later in that console's life to significantly larger install bases than 3 Ultimate. Expectations are high for the next release in the series, Monster Hunter 4, coming this summer to 3DS in Japan.

It should be able to pass Freedom 2 and I think MH4 can potentially be the best selling Iin the franchise.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

no, nintendo cant match those rest of the world sales

MH4 will sell around 4m imo

Gooooooo MH4. But first, whatwill be a million seller b4 sept 14? (MH4 release date)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Oh man i missed quite a few!
HERE IS MY PERSONAL TIER FOR A MIL SELLERS IN 2013!

{{{Confirmed 100% Tier}}}
Pokemon X/Y---Mario+Luigi---Tomodachi Collection---Mario+Sonic Olympic Games---MH4---

{{{Most LIkely Tier}}}
LoZ LTTP2---Mario Party---DKCR3D---Fire Emblem---Yoshi Island---Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

{{{Good Chance Tier}}}
Mario Tennis---Mario Golf---

{{{Maybe Tier}}}
Bravely Default--- Professor Layton

I'm thinking/hoping A Link to the Past 2 is going to have a 'New Super Mario Bros.'-like effect, since that's basically what the game looks like it'll be; a 'New Legend of Zelda'. Naturally, I don't think it'll get crazy sales up to 25m, but that effect should ensure it having bigger sales than Mario & Luigi and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics (especially the latter, since it's declined heavily over the entries).

heyyyyyyyyyyy

Tomodachi has reached over a million ... Add it

New Million Seller! Tomodachi Collection: New Life

Tomodachi Collection: New Life has exceeded 1 million sales as of the week ending June 1, 2013. It was released in Japan on April 18, 2013, and has not yet been announced for release in any other territory.

New Life is the second game in the Tomodachi Collection series. The first game in the series was released for the DS on June 18, 2009, and was never released in another territory. It has sold over 3.6 million copies to date, and took 13 weeks to sell one million; by comparison, New Life took just 7 weeks to pass one million sales.

It seems certain that New Life will sell at least another million units in its lifetime, but we won't know whether it can match the sales of its predecessor for a while yet.

the_dengle said:

New Million Seller! Tomodachi Collection: New Life

Tomodachi Collection: New Life has exceeded 1 million sales as of the week ending June 1, 2013. It was released in Japan on April 18, 2013, and has not yet been announced for release in any other territory.

New Life is the second game in the Tomodachi Collection series. The first game in the series was released for the DS on June 18, 2009, and was never released in another territory. It has sold over 3.6 million copies to date, and took 13 weeks to sell one million; by comparison, New Life took just 7 weeks to pass one million sales.

It seems certain that New Life will sell at least another million units in its lifetime, but we won't know whether it can match the sales of its predecessor for a while yet.

your here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!

tbone51 said:

your here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!

lol cut me some slack! We had a busy week last week. I made it my goal to update before the next week's numbers were up, and I did that.

What do you think the next million-seller will be? As always, I'm interested to see how May's NPD numbers affect sales numbers for recent releases in the US.

Oh yeah, and I also plan to update the 3DS vs DS in Japan thread soon. Hopefully tonight, but we'll see how things go.