By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What´s the outlook for JRPGs in the West for the (near) future?...still grim?

BasilZero said:
SnakeDrake said:
BasilZero said:
SnakeDrake said:
We got some of the best games ever created this gen, of course im talking about Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. And they just announced Dark Souls 2 :D

Dark Souls feels more like a wRPG o.o.

No, its not like any rpg's in general

I know that, I'm talking about more of the setting and feel to it not gameplay.

I guess you right then with the Dark tone and everything

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

The outlook? Grim.
The bright side? Purchasing JRPGs increases my nerd cred now more than ever. Nothing is better than shaming my friends for buying something popular instead of Xenoblade.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Well I think that its no way there was fruitful was they once were, but there are some good jrpgs coming out I wont mention them as I can see they have been already mentioned by other users.

they will always have a place in handhelds...oh wait u meant west.....grim

no, it's allot worse then grim, which saddens me to know end.

Around the Network

Persona 4, Souls series, Xenoblade are some of the highest rated RPGs of the current gen.

Fire Emblem in February, and Monster Hunter in March, although they aren't classical JRPGS they ares still great games.

Like some have said JRPGs have slowly migrated to handhelds which I really prefer at this point of my gaming life. Xenoblade, The Last Story and Persona 4 Golden are great JRPGs right now recently. I feel that the Tales series have lost its steam. The combat have become very repetitive and have not change much. Tales of Grace was better then Tales of Vesparia by a margin because I hate Yuri as a hero. Both are average games in my opinion.

Wow, this is my exact position apart from I just started playing lost odyssey.... I've beaten the first and second bosses. So far so good. My first JRPG since Crisis Core.... If you can even call that one.