By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 5. Is it racist?

Perhaps it it is to early to intelligently discuss this subject seeing as how most of RE5 is a mystery to us but upon its release i have no doubt it will stir up some controvery if most of the game is what we have seen so far. It will be touted as "A means to justify violence agianst blacks" and the fact that its a video game doesnt help it much either seeing as how most media outlets are either not to fond of video games or just plain ignorant. Anyways discuss.

Around the Network

Its just a game and people just make big deals out of nothing

p.s go to the NO MORE HEROES Thread of coolness

If I were _____________then maybe I would have friends

Not this again... >_

Yeah, and it's perfectly fine to kill white people (or whatever the zombies used to be) in Resident Evil 0, 1, 2, 3, CVX, Gaiden, etc. etc.

The same thing happened when RE4 came out. "Racist against latinos," blah blah blah.

It most certainly is when you don't take into account the other installments.

Around the Network

@Tifa Lockhart: Actually, this didn't happen with RE4, which is why everybody was so shocked when racism allegations started being hurled at RE5.

Really? It happened with a lot of the gaming boards I went to.

Tifa Lockhart said:

The same thing happened when RE4 came out. "Racist against latinos," blah blah blah.

Don't Spanish people hate to be called "latinos," and people from other Spanish speaking countries hate to be called "Hispanic"?

I just refer to them as latinos in general. Nobody really minds, but then again, it's only one community, so I'm not sure about everybody else.

Tifa Lockhart said:
Really? It happened with a lot of the gaming boards I went to.

I don't think I've seen very many gamers who have thought that either game was racist. It's been mainly the media and other uninformed individuals that freak out about this stuff. I saw almost nothing about RE4 back when it was announced, but with RE5 there were news articles popping up left and right. They would then be posted on forums like here and GameSpot.com, where the authors would be belittled by people like us. :P