By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of these games was the biggest Flop?

What is the biggest flop

Assassins Creed Liberations 19 12.03%

Twisted Metal 57 36.08%

007 Legends 82 51.90%

Total:158

Has to be 007 Legends. I barely knew that game existed at all. I was aware of Twisted Metal, despite Sony sending it out to die, and ACL has gotten some solid promotion from Sony.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

twisted metal for me over legends although i'd have to check their sales i don't know what twisted metal has done

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:

twisted metal for me over legends although i'd have to check their sales i don't know what twisted metal has done

Really, I know the online part was broken as shit but when you got online then it was really fun. You should play 007 Legends, thats just broken and no fun at all.

I'd say AC3:L can hit 500k if its lucky by the end of the year. I'd call that a success.

007 legends completely flopped though. So that's my pick.

AndrewWK said:
zuvuyeay said:

Really, I know the online part was broken as shit but when you got online then it was really fun. You should play 007 Legends, thats just broken and no fun at all.

i think you are right,of course i haven't played either and legends being 50 years of bond was dissapointing although i thought about picking it up for that reason,i guess twisted metal is the old sony only franchise therefore a flop by defualt

you can change my vote jaywood

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Assassins Creed: Liberation for me because this game is just broken beyond repair. Maybe not as broken as Declassified, but it's not that far away. It's like they just stopped developing it and threw it onto the market without any testing. I rather play a simple game that works instead of a overambitious turd that doesn't make any sense half of the time and flat out doesn't work the other half.

The result <---> expectation gap is also way bigger than for the other 2 games because nobody gave a shit about them in the first place.

It's also the only game of the three that I own/have played.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:

Assassins Creed: Liberation for me because this game is just broken beyond repair. Maybe not as broken as Declassified, but it's not that far away. It's like they just stopped developing it and threw it onto the market without any testing. I rather play a simple game that works instead of a overambitious turd that doesn't make any sense half of the time and flat out doesn't work the other half.

The result <---> expectation gap is also way bigger than for the other 2 games because nobody gave a shit about them in the first place.

It's also the only game of the three that I own/have played.

It's not about what is the best, it is what has failed to make enough money to justify its investment

I don't know why but I always felt like SSX was a bit of a letdown where sales were concerned.

d21lewis said:
I don't know why but I always felt like SSX was a bit of a letdown where sales were concerned.

I agree, especially as the whole game relied on the social side of things to keep everything going and always seemed so empty

d21lewis said:

Maybe but EA said they where very happy with this reboot, and will try to reboot more of their old IPs because of that. It was cartainly a bigger success then Syndicate