By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Is In Favor of Banning Pachter-Quotes?

Should Pachter Quotes Be Prohibited?

Yes, because I value my sanity 123 68.72%

No. 56 31.28%

Total:179

Why would anyone want that? He does not predict like you would like him to predict?

Around the Network

Everything he says makes me want to yell down my screen and counter him realistically. I would welcome his comments being stopped because enough of these websites quote him even though he has been proven wrong 99% of the time. The only time I'm aware he was right was when he guessed twisted metal would be shown.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

Even as an avid Nintendo fan, I say no.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Jumpin said:

I am mostly in favour because posting Patcher is the same as trolling. There is no real purpose for posting his stuff since he is not a real videogame industry analyst, just some guy who likes repeatedly (week after week, month after month, year after year) saying Nintendo is doomed fueled by some illogical bias against the company.

Every time he is posted, it is the exact same reaction that a troll gets. So by the existing rules of VGchartz, that is trolling in the same way it would be quoting any other troll post or "article" and posting here.

Since you called him a troll at least twice on this thread and seem to be the most annoyed one, may I ask what your console preference is?

No, let people quote him. His shit-talking is always worth a laugh once he's proven wrong. I don't even have any Nintendo consoles and think his hating-ass BS is funny.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Around the Network

Me!

Switch!!!

Well, I wouldn't miss them one bit.

He doesn't really alter my opinion of much...I'm guessing this thread is in response to this article:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-12-06-pachters-predictions-wii-us-problem-is-nobodys-going-to-support-it

I did find the opening paragraph hilarious:

"The inimitable Michael Pachter...gave the opening talk at the Digital Game Monetization Summit in San Francisco...Pachter admitted he didn't know much about the mechanics of game monetization..."

Cherry-picking I know, but I guess his name carries enough weight to allow him to speak on matters he has no clue about.

Nah. Hes amusing

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

He's kind of like that drunk uncle or toolbag friend at the superbowl party, the one who likes to talk about football like he's a brilliant sports analyst, but has no clue what he's talking about. He's wrong every year, but for some reason he keeps righ on talking. The only question is, who's dumber, Pachter, or the people who keep giving him interviews?