By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony fans should buy the WiiU

bazmeistergen said:
Alphachris said:
I really hope that the PS4 will keep the traditional Playstation Controller as a standard... I just don't need "new conrol schemes" and having a Tablet PC-Controller as a standard controller would probably only ruin the whole generation...

For me the Tablet Controller is more like a reason NOT to buy the Wii U... Just like the Wiimote ruined so many games on the Wii. If you are used to a normal controller those motion controls only feel like a dumbed down experience since you have fewer buttons etc.

You do know that the Wii U Gamepad has more buttons?

It has the same buttons as an xbox360 controller plus the entire face of the touch screen for potential input buttons - see Zombi U, for example (plus motion controls plus nfc plus awesome speakers).

Worth a go on one at least, no?

It is a great thing that the Gamepad has more Buttons. And being able to play on the Pad if the TV is used by someone other is a true feature. But after I have seen the promotion video with the Touch Screen I must just say that that I do not want to play in such a way. Take this video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHTPuJxvWF0

Most of these features have already been used in videogames before (sniping, map, weapon upgrade, escaping from an enemy who grabbed you...). That are no new features and I have never thought to myself "oh, I would have prefered a second screen for this feature.". I do not like to waggle if I could press a button instead. These features should simply be optional... I still sometimes prefer using the digital pad over the analog stick because I feel that I have better control with it. On the Wii I always prefered the classic controller to the Wiimote.

I simply do not like touch screens or motion controls. They can be used for some sort of games (take Professor Layton... the Stylus works brilliantly here) but I do not want my Action Adventures or RPGs with these "new play controls" because I simply feel that the "old" controls are working perfectly.

Around the Network

Its true that you can't jump into a trend or development very late and hope it will catch on, which is why I question the tablet controller (jumping onto an established trend rather than creating a new and unique one) and going HD this late... Sony be damned. I know OP is being sarcastic but you still manage to sort of disarm your own point in the very first post.

BluGamer23 said:
JoeTheBro said:
BluGamer23 said:
then it makes me wonder what this guy would do --> Jayson1 6 hours ago
"Im a sony fan and tested the Wii U and did not care for the bulky controller."

That's simple, Sony won't make it bulky. I know what your implying with this (to which I agree) but lots of people really do find the Wii U controller uncomfortable.

As for the hook I can guarantee it won't be a tablet. Sure PS4 may do many multiscreen things but they can't repackage their own products without gamers noticing. Launching in just a few weeks, LBP2 Vita DLC creates the Wii U experience on PS3. Unless Sony delays this DLC for the PS4, it won't be the main hook. My money is on the decoupling move/dualshock controller or less likely an SR viewer.

.. I always hear something along the lines of this.. 'WiiU experience/doing wiiU gameplay' etc .. and makes me wonder why sony and its fans like to say it..
and Im sure I read a MS rep say this a few times too.. with its smartglass.. lol could it be thats because they following Nintendo on that direction for gameplay nextGen too or just incase it takes off for Nintendo lol .. coz as soon as the gamepad was revealed.. I started hearing "hey we can do that too! " from Sony and MS reps.. insecurity perhaps.. 

Everyone copies everyone, it's just that Nintendo has better known terms. I call it the "Wii U experience on PS3" because if I said "cross-controller" people would be clueless.

See the way it works is Sony comes up with something unique before the competition but Nintendo is usually the first to have the guts to produce it. After seeing how great Nintendo's product sells, Sony decides to go back and finish their initial designs. Recently however they seem to be moving away from this and growing their own balls. The PSP was supposed to have multiscreen gaming with the PS3; Sony had the concept but never executed it. Sony decided to resurrect this idea with Vita way before they knew what the Wii U was. Heck they showed a demo for this LBP2 DLC mere weeks after the Wii U's unveiling. Either Sony dropped everything the instant they knew about the Wii U to make this demo (that includes coming up with the concept of making it lbp2 DLC verse a different IP, stealing Media Molecule's team/assests, and of course programing on virgin hardware that didn't have a final dev kit yet (possible but improbable)) or it was already in the works.  Just recently we saw the release of wonderbook, probably the best evidence to my claim. Instead of inventing this far fetched technology and sitting on it, they gambled on releasing it first. If wonderbook does well it's a good sign Sony will go with a fully unique experience next gen.

Thanks but I alredy had a this gen console... I'll wait the next gen.

LOL are you serious?

Around the Network
BluGamer23 said:
JoeTheBro said:
BluGamer23 said:
Funny thread!... I imagine sony r&d must be pulling their hairs out trying to come up with something that will be the ps4 hook.. as higher spec just wont do next gen.. still I wont be surprised if they came out with a .. wait for it.. tablet-dual-shock controller.. ! ..

...then it will all of a sudden it be the coolest thing sony fans has ever seen! .. and they will say l "real innovation"! haha

That's simple, Sony won't make it bulky. I know what your implying with this (to which I agree) but lots of people really do find the Wii U controller uncomfortable.

As for the hook I can guarantee it won't be a tablet. Sure PS4 may do many multiscreen things but they can't repackage their own products without gamers noticing. Launching in just a few weeks, LBP2 Vita DLC creates the Wii U experience on PS3. Unless Sony delays this DLC for the PS4, it won't be the main hook. My money is on the decoupling move/dualshock controller or less likely an SR viewer.

.. I always hear something along the lines of this.. 'WiiU experience/doing wiiU gameplay' etc .. and makes me wonder why sony and its fans like to say it..
and Im sure I read a MS rep say this a few times too.. with its smartglass.. lol could it be thats because they following Nintendo on that direction for gameplay nextGen too or just incase it takes off for Nintendo lol .. coz as soon as the gamepad was revealed.. I started hearing "hey we can do that too! " from Sony and MS reps.. insecurity perhaps.. 

Haha with ps3+vita i could do almost everything wii u can and that was the case before the wii u even came out lol!  And please do tell what did Nintendo made that was so innovative wii mote wii u tablet LMAO! 

sub-zero-TM said:

Haha with ps3+vita i could do almost everything wii u can and that was the case before the wii u even came out lol!  And please do tell what did Nintendo made that was so innovative wii mote wii u tablet LMAO! 

Yup. Here's a full list of all the current softwares that does everything the WiiU does,

sub-zero-TM said:
BluGamer23 said:
JoeTheBro said:
BluGamer23 said:
Funny thread!... I imagine sony r&d must be pulling their hairs out trying to come up with something that will be the ps4 hook.. as higher spec just wont do next gen.. still I wont be surprised if they came out with a .. wait for it.. tablet-dual-shock controller.. ! ..

...then it will all of a sudden it be the coolest thing sony fans has ever seen! .. and they will say l "real innovation"! haha

really kid?.. really?.. =| .. i checked how old you are .. yup figures.. you grew up with sony playstation in hand.. all you know is sony.. so you are a sony playstation kid lol

not gonna bother lil one... jus continue to LMAO and be ignorant =)

Watch out! You can hurt some childrens and some fragile people.
My only complain about Wii U is the power, is like Wii U is an intermediate generation.

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

Well I just bought one for my girl for christmas but we are xbox fans.